Seedy Al's 1960 Munro Caravan

Seedy Al

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Seedy Al

Well just spent a good part of the evening fucking around on this thing and not getting very far haha

Bit of a let down given yesterdays progress.

After lot of fucking around i managed to run new wires for the front running lights, only to find that they are going to be earthed through the body, like the ones i just replaced were, which is not what i was going for. However, they will still work.

Also pulled one of the wheels off to pack and adjust the wheel bearins which seem sweet! but now I cant get the wheel back on, as its to factory slammed, so will need to deflate tyre or something.

Also tried to run the new wiring through the chassis frame as per it was. i for some reason did the stpuid thing and pulled the old wires out without attaching the new wires to pull through it with. So spent forever try to get it down th rail, to no avail. will have to talk to one of the elctrical guys at work to borrow a fiber glass running thingy. So yeah, made some progress, but not much as i would have likes haha

Guest Seedy Al

Sweet!

So today was much better than yesterday

managed to run the main loom down the rail so that is all nice. and joined all the wires up together

so just need some bulbs and a couple of terminals to earth out the tail lights, and boom, pretty much wired

Also deflated the wheel and got that back on, so just need to check the bearings on the other side, and i think it might be ready to attempt for a wof.

also one of the windows was super cracked, been that way since i bought it, bitch who sold it said there were no cracked windows, and i regret not mentioning it at the time to knock the price down a bit.

So now have the peices in my car, and will take it to the guys at metro glass who we do work for anyway, and see if i can get a deal on getting another cut.

good old progress,

my fav

Guest EURON8

Did the original wiring run up through the wooden frame and was tied off at points making it impossible to tie new wire and pull it through??

We took the whole rear section off to run new wires and discovered this annoying practice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Seedy Al

Oh Casual Update.

Sorry guys I am going to keep this.

that is all.

plan is to get it in good towing condition so i an get it down to welly to my olds batch for a while

• Like 6

Guest CaMpylobacter

NICE! I kept thinking about whether I needed to pester you to sell it to me or not hah.

so sweet!

stop drop and rofl.

• Like 1

Guest MRWEST

Oh Casual Update.

that is all.

plan is to get it in good towing condition so i an get it down to welly to my olds batch for a while

glad to hear, made the mistake of telling her eabout this after you said you were going to sell..

Shes wanted old caravan for ages and thought it would be good......even when i said it was in Napier "we can go get it" lol..

So thats save me from myself ha

Guest Mourning Cupcake

Oh Casual Update.

that is all.

I cannot like this enough.

I have already found paint for the inside :-)