• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Mr.Mk1 last won the day on July 6 2014

Mr.Mk1 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

2,282 Excellent

About Mr.Mk1

  • Rank
  • Birthday 21/11/1987

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling


  • Local Area

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Mr.Mk1

    Mr Mk1's 1200

    Not sure what bit’s you need, but I replaced the main one with some generic rubber From basis, I can get the part number. The rest could be found at para rubber with some patient searching. Ute stuff will be available new genuine but may need modification/trimming to suit sedan
  2. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    Cool, done! Just waiting for x member and some 2pot calipers from an NA 4 stud stagea, skyline etc to start mounting, mod tunnel and front panel, maybe area above diff.
  3. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    Welds aren’t pretty but they are proper stuck. Gave them a quick grind and zinc sprayed. Stoked! again, one side had a bit of a gap from the side to the tub and was gay to weld but got there eventually.. was more important the other 3 edges lined up honestly
  4. Mr.Mk1

    Mr.Mk1s Datsun 1200 B110

    I put in the new master cylinder, swapped the new accelerator pumps out for the old ones, was a big bog when stood on.worked a treat. Swapped drivers glass for a spare I was given less the scratches. Sealed the quarter windows into their surrounds again. Random pic of how it is. Painting in the garage means cleaning outside. falcon diff for escort and H165 for 1200.
  5. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    Painting in the garage means cleaning outside. falcon diff for escort and H165 for 1200.
  6. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    Beside LH bonnet hinge. Yeah I welded that knick up after Inner and outer here too.
  7. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    Welded the tubs and zinc sprayed. First one went well, second was a bit gappy and had some blowouts but cleaned up ok.Will be smeared in sealer when finished so.. Left the ends Incase I need some movement for final fit. The escort heater bubbles always rust out. Mine was decent but it was certainly going to reappear if not chopped out fully. I made some patches years back and glued them in today. Hit it with the sand blaster first, the rust started again since I had bare metalled areas before storage. That lip usually pokes out an inch the whole way but I’ve pushed it down for clearance of engine and to drain better. It can chill like this until I start mounting stuff and then can be trimmed more or brought back up or whatever. i started on another patch but left the rust killer and copper spray drying, filled some screw holes & pinholes and called it a day.
  8. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    the other day I slotted the mount holes and hung this in
  9. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    Spent a few hours yesterday getting the tubs mocked up.
  10. Mr.Mk1

    Mr.Mk1s Escort

    The hubs are S13 4 stud. The s13 disc (254mm) and calipers (single pot) are decent but they HP vs size bracket I’m aiming to be In Requires 2pots and 280mm vented. would be perfect for an NA setup.
  11. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    Been rinsed by work lately so just chillin. needed to do something so I looked into the passenger wheel arch Years old shit patch blew through while welding so I stopped. Present day I chopped it out and took it all out, wire wheeled and rust killed. It was going so well I failed to take a pic when finished, realised as I was priming.. might have secured a matching standard CA bottom end. got flywheel ground.
  12. Mr.Mk1

    mr.mk1's 1969 Escort Mk1 Coupe

    Few holes filled or re-repaired. I spent a while on the tubs and have had to change my plan.. I wanted nice radius’s on edges but that was going to cost me about 3.5inch so I went with function over form and will have square edges. Ran out of panel steel so once I get a new sheet I’ll finish them up. deleting exhaust hanger mounts behind wheel arch Did this x2 they are either side of handbrake. I think there was something to do with the flip seats on the tunnel? Been a while since I cut whatever it was out. Drivers floor is the worst of the pan, getting a bit thin! The underseal had worked fucking well cant tell but there’s decent ridges that needed recreated i also Brought a brand new set of Z flex Tein adjustables for S13 through work, they cost more than other brands but I like the fact they can be fullly serviced. Some of these lesser name brands are a real mission to find bushes and things when they wear out. Hakon was the next in line but aftersale support was a ? didnt hurt that my end goal is a green and gold colour scheme. about the darest single purchase I’ve ever made for parts and it was still at staff cost.. tight fo’ life
  13. Mr.Mk1

    Mr.Mk1s Escort

    I know I know, but I want to run wide 14s and the cool brakes won’t clear. don put me onto the RB25 powered 280 & 2pots and I’m pursuing.. heres an upright CA for interests sake
  14. Mr.Mk1

    Mr.Mk1s Datsun 1200 B110

    Well the brake dream didn’t pan out. Couldn’t bleed up a decent pedal, tried lots. chewed off the flare on brake pipe, scored another one, still shit, tried to bleed the master and snapped off the bleed. Broke the easyout in it also. found a spare master so though I’d swap out but the tube nuts on the car are wasted and it was going to Be a major. Bled them again and didn’t improve. Bled the back brakes and the pedal came back, but disappeared again when going back to the front. said fuck it drove out the next morning to the track day, had a few canes and loved it! was still able to send it, just using whatever pedal I had and gears. Got a new master cylinder to put In sometime.