sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

how thick is the extra side plate? how thick is the chassis on these things? just thinking about how you would do about doing this on a monocoque chassis.....I'm guessing maybe having the side plate with an extra piece on the top folded at 90 deg and tied into the floorpan/whatever else is around.?

i thank you.

the chassis on this is 2.5mm plate. i used 3mm plate to make the patches and the extra web for the side.

when i did a similar thing to the celica i was able to tie the chassis rail into the old upper control arm mount which was pretty strong and well tied to the floor. but id probably try to spread the load around the floor as much as practical if i was tieing it to just floor steel.

ive got heaps of pictures and ill do a write up on the guard flaring too.

• 2 weeks later...

i was looking at upside down bilsteins also as i had contemplated doing same thing with a set i had but they still dampened but had no rebound dampening when they were upside down. but im sure mr sheepers has sweet gas ones or something that work all good upside down.

• 2 weeks later...

fuck - me - this - is - fucking - awesome.

I envy you, your car, your abilitys and the fact that, this is so, so awesome.

The carbs look wicked and those wheels are so fricken sweet. Can't wait to see this thing finished man it's going to be amazing.