sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have missed this entire thread. Don't know how- probably 'cause I'm busy starting my own threads on how can I be even more of a cheap bastard. Anyway- have just read entire thread while having my weetbix and coffee.

As usual your work is amazing and I love reading your threads. Great pics and read. Never even knew these cars existed. What a sweet shape. The green colour wouldnt be my choice but then I drive a viva. I like that blue your other car is in.

Those wheels are very nice indeed.

Fuck I can't wait till I can tig weld. Seems to open up so much more opportunitys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

umm, i fucked if i know? i try to plan about 2 or three steps ahead of what im doing at the time so i know where the pipe needs to end up a bit past what im working at that point.

the two most important things for me are marking the cut as accurately as i can, then cutting it as straight to my mark as possible, and having a good linisher so i can make the end of the pipe dead flat. when the two ends of the two pipes your about to join are flat then its easier to mock them up accurately before you tack them.

i dont have any real "magic how too's" i just plan whats going to happen a bit further down the track in my head as i go.