solidstripes gloria

thminiman

Cool stuff with that whitewall, I did one on a shit tyre I had at home too (couldnt be arsed masking as it was just to see if it stuck to tyre). Prepso is also a good thing to use instead of degreaser, but I am only using that cause its free off my brother.

Doing your tyres before beach hop?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see how those whitewalls go, all experiences of whitewalls ive done (in very similar fashion) do go yellowish after a month or so (ive also used lumbersider, white etch, and arcrylic) never have issues of cracking or falling off, ive used a similar process, but i have used normal painters masking tape you can curve it no problem at all just need about 6 to 12 inch excess to be able to curve, and i used a ppg product which is a etch for plastic/rubberised bumbers and moulds before painting and seems to work very well. And the key to minimal yellowing is using older tyres do not do this on newer tyres.

But I do emphasize to try this on tyres you dont care about as if it fails it is impossible to clean up later.

Just my 2cents

Doing your tyres before beach hop?

Hopefully, but probebly not, as I need two newer rear tyres, cause at the moment the ones on there have no edges whatsoever. And I'm kind of broke ATM.

(ive also used lumbersider, white etch, and arcrylic) never have issues of cracking or falling off,

Yeah, I think it would take an age to crack, or maybe a flat tyre. It wouldn't fall off, it's been primerd properly, so don't think it'd be a concern. Have to wait and see if it yellows or not. I left that tyre out in the sunshine/rain/5 seasons in one day, for about a fortnight and it looked exactly the same as when I painted it. So presume it probebly happens when driving around on them. I agree you should do them on older tyres too.

was out driving round today and I spied something interesting down a driveway in Kilbirnie - so damn sure that I saw the back of a car exactly the same as yours in a garage - had windows etc out - will try and photograph next time I am out..

Kilburnie = Where? Get some pics for sure if you can man, and an address if you can and PM me with it if your out those ways, cause at the moment everyone who comes up to me talks about how they or there friend/relitive had one, but no one seems to actually have one driving around these parts, so it'd be cool to know if there's any others out there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ Cheers bra!

On another note, thanks to Orions link, found this - http://www.kurumaerabi.com/?page=syousa ... ock_id=428 . So if anyone else wants a Gloria, this could be yours for $43,000 + shipping + GST. What a steal! :D

was out driving round today and I spied something interesting down a driveway in Kilbirnie - so damn sure that I saw the back of a car exactly the same as yours in a garage - had windows etc out - will try and photograph next time I am out..

Any luck mate?

I regret clicking on your build up thread now, it almost brought me to tears looking at those photos.

Fuck what is it with twats crashing into our oldschool cars writing them off! It's a conspiracy I tell you!

I am crossing all my fingers and toes for you man, I hope the insurance co doesn't try and fuck you over (although it seems to be the going trend).

Lubs.

fuk bro,that sux,i was just reading your thread and was like damn this is mint,then BAM!!!

some stupid city slicker in a shopping edition 4x4 takes it out..WTF...i wouldve slapped the bitch and pissed in her car...

that sux hard..hope you can get her fixed..

FUCKING WHORE!!

:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

Fuck!

Of all the fucking cars she could have fucking hit! FUCK!

Words cannot begin to describe my anger at that woman.

My sincerest condolences, I'll try find the details of that guy i almost bought one off, because he had a couple, he might still have one maybe but it's doubtful. I'll do some digging for you.