solidstripes gloria

thminiman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for trying anyways mate, it's appreciated.

And Jase, thanks so much for the email, I've definatly hunt Bruce up, sounds like he'll at the very least be a good source of info about Princes, and he might be able to help to boot! So thanks again for giving me his details. Glad the Tazzie trip was a success!! Any photo's by the way? Sounded pretty epic! Can you put the car on the Sprit, or did they go back to the mainland via ferry? Welcome to oldschool by the way! I'm sure a lot on here would be interested in a few photo's or info on what you do with the register.

But a huge thanks to everyone who has been in contact and those who have offered, and given help, provided leads and offered condolences, it's all pretty overwhelming, and shows what a good group of people we've got on here and in our international old schoool car community. Cheers y'all

Hard heartbreaking. I guess it could have been worse though as that chassis doesn't look too bad. Hopefully the door is just catching on the guard or something.

Stupid woman driving stupid four wheel drives is so shit. Should put all woman in smart cars unless they can prove able to drive properly and actually pay attention while doing so.

Blake,

After further discussions today, let us know what parts you need, and we will organise help! It is terrible to see someone inconvenienced in this way! The important thing is to get this classic back on the road, where it belongs!

We will definitely see that you get everything you need to get back on the road. As for pics. of the Tassie trip - I have many, but how do i post them?

Funny thing with these forums is that i have been trawling them and reading them for years, however have never actively been involved! Perhaps now is a good time to start showing off some of our cars...

Jason

Cheers for the offer mate, and welcome to your new home. You WILL come to think that Citrons are actually pretty cool, that you can slip "boe" in any sentence you want boe, and that this is one hella cool site - you don't have a choice, it just happens. :lol:

Thanks heaps for the offer, super generous of y'all to help out, but it looks like Steve (NZMAX) has got most, if not all the parts I'm after, including the rear 1/4 (allready choped from the C pillar to the boot, including the tailight hole, just sitting there. Creapy.) So hopefully, if the insurence plays ball fixing up what they ort to (boot, passengers side from the front gaurd back and the roof), I'll get the rest painted and she'll be a minter. After that's done, I'll just be looking for that side trim and some splash gaurds to finish the body off.

Re: Photo's: http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/for ... .php?t=101 but do with oldschool.

Ohh man, that sux , real real bad....

Push the cop for a careless driving charge against that lady. If he knows his job properly there is no other way to solve it (ie there is no infringement notice for hitting a parked car.) And besides she has already admitted she was 'careless' by saying she was driving AND tending to her kids :evil: If insurance is not going to pay, you can seek reparation through the court as part of the careless driving charge (get a couple of quotes for repair and give copies to the coppa.)

Sorry to see Gloria like that dude :cry:

^ Cheers for the info man. I heard the officer mention that she'd get the ticket in the mail. So he must of charged her with something. Surely it's dangerous driving to be looking in the back seat, having a conversation while driving over a blind brow of a hill :?:

On a update note, Steve tells me that the rear 1/4 has been misplaced and him/his dad doesn't know where it is. Gutted, but never mind... time for:

(^=plan b for all the non O/S skaters)

and that would be Chris. He gave me a bell the other night and said he's keen to help out for the cause and go out to the farm (did I mention this allready? meh) and go chop the gloria he saw there last time. I'll give the old boy who owns it a call tomorrow and ask him if that's allright. I'm seriously hoping so like y'all wouldn't believe...

^ Cheers for the info man. I heard the officer mention that she'd get the ticket in the mail. So he must of charged her with something. Surely it's dangerous driving to be looking in the back seat, having a conversation while driving over a blind brow of a hill :?:

On a update note, Steve tells me that the rear 1/4 has been misplaced and him/his dad doesn't know where it is. Gutted, but never mind... time for:

PLAN_b.jpg

(^=plan b for all the non O/S skaters)

and that would be Chris. He gave me a bell the other night and said he's keen to help out for the cause and go out to the farm (did I mention this allready? meh) and go chop the gloria he saw there last time. I'll give the old boy who owns it a call tomorrow and ask him if that's allright. I'm seriously hoping so like y'all wouldn't believe...

When you are charged with Careless driving you don't get a ticket, you go to Court! I would call the officer and pester him. If he won't take action ask to speak to his supervisor and go up the chain until its done.