solidstripes gloria

thminiman

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me it has tuck and roll seats..........

Tuck and roll = Bench? Aye. And pies, I'll change me sig when John's picked it up or the deposit shows. Then, new sig time!

And yeah, I'm in two minds if I want it lowered or not. Not for the moment as it's just to comfy!! Driving from Waihi, I put my drink (large OJ) on the seat standing upright and looked back at it 20 mins later for another swig and it was still upright and just as I'd left it cruising at 60 mph over bumps and around corners! That's how sweet the ride is!! The guy wasn't joking when today he said it's like driving a lounge suite.

• 2 weeks later...
man they look sweet slammed, so should lower yours got spare springs? :D

If I did, I'd definatly do it so that it's easyily reversed back to stock. Probebly custom front springs up front, blocks in the back etc.

But I'm in no hurry. It's a seriously comfy ride, and after the cedric, it's a bit of a nice change going over bumps and not catapulting into the roof.

A friend suggested a front visor over the windsheild and maybe stick on polished roofracks. Good call IMO. I'm keen. Especially for the visor. What do you guys reackon?

• 2 weeks later...
Yup to the visor, nope to the roof racks. It won't look as sleek, long and low and racks are a nightmare for polishing the roof.

Deffinately agree with that comment.

You'll have to think long and hard about a wheel change. Perhaps just lower it on those and put flappers on for now. This car seems worthy of something unique though, not the usual slammed on steels etc

Amazingly clean car for its age though, cannot wait to see it IRL :)