solidstripes gloria

thminiman

Know exactly how you feel mate.. Damn, if insurance arnt going to play ball you can take her personally to court. Did the car have a valuation on it before crash that the insurance company are aware of?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck that epically sux. insurance co's fucking suck too, get some quotes and take the bitch to court and teach her a lesson that rare old school lushness isnt ment to be hit cause panel repairs are fucking expensive. so gutted for you right now.

Nah Gaz, it's not as if you could look in the auto trader and get an idea of what they're worth, know what I'm saying? Didn't cross my mind. Thanks everyone for the condolences. I'm seriously smarting over it cause that's the originality of it gone out the window. I'll probebly fork out for a full respray if it does get fixed, and new roof lining etc, and actually clean it up to the standard it deserves to be. But yeah, the thing that hacks me off the most is that the neighbor out the front (we're on in a small house in a back section with a narrow driveway and 4 cars that have to be juggled in and out of to let different people in and out so it's a right hassle) put 3 little rocks on the grass verge to stop me parking half on/half off the road (on public counsel land, fully legal). And the lady who crashed into it hit about a foot into the car. If those rocks weren't there, I would of been 2-3 feet off the road and she would of completely missed me and might of clipped the curb instead and scraped her rim and got a fright. Maybe blow a tyre, tops. But for 3 little rocks just so that the grass "stays clean" (like I was wrecking it anyway :rolleyes: ) my car might now be totaled... that's what I don't get...

I'm gona fight super hard to get it fixed properly and back on the road. Just am pretty sure I'll be needing a wreck to chop.

My sincerest condolences, I'll try find the details of that guy i almost bought one off, because he had a couple, he might still have one maybe but it's doubtful. I'll do some digging for you.

It'd be appreciated mate, thanks alot. ANYTHING, a lead, a story of one your flatmates uncles best friend used to have, a phonenumber, a location of a wreck,( bucket loads of money/panel beater sponsership :) ), anything, will be really appreciated, as there aren't much around. Can't exactly go to pick a part...

ICONATOR_cf5d6dd7eb50606f6ac514162d.jpg

^Ron allways knows how I'm feeling...

Man thats so gay, ruined my day too. Fuck.

Nothing is unrepairable metal wise, just hope you have trims and tail lights etc bolt on bits.

Doors not as they should be could be because its under new tension, and will come right when its popped out, or regrettably its bent.

Like you said, the worst bit is killed originality.

hoebag. Hang her infront of her car load.

Nah Gaz, it's not as if you could look in the auto trader and get an idea of what they're worth, .

Yeah I know. A valuation from a proper car valuator cost me $60. Well worth it.

Also insurance companies dont take Autotrader, trademe or any other form of advertising mag etc as a value of your car so that wont help even if you do fnd examples of one for sale.

Insurance co's suck. I wish you all the best with yours and I hope your not with NAC lol.

Heartbreaking!!!!

Fight it all the way bro, don't take this shit lying down eh. Terrible to see such a fucking pearler of a car hammered like this, hopefully she's repairable. Also, make sure you get your choice of repairer for her... would hate to see it patched up hap hazardly... the perils of using rare cars regularly huh... even for something like the KP which is common as hell, it's getting harder and harder to find decent bits, so for the Gloria... I can only imagine how you're feeling.

But yeah, as the innocent party, I would stop at nothing to get the old girl back to her former glory. Best of luck and keep us informed!

Yeah, the trims not too much of an issue cause I do have a tail light a bit of trim, and that stuff, though hard to find, can be brought off wrecks. It's just the big stuff I'm freaking out about, as it's one of the curveyest parts on the car, it'll be a misson to beat. Just sooo don't want it scraped.... I'm hoping it can get fixed like you wouldn't believe.

Just had a chat to the old man and apparently if insurence doesn't come to the party I could take her to small claims court for damage to personal property? That's kinda last resort cause I really don't want to get that savage, and the other thought is, is that since it's not my claim, my $5g insurence doesn't mean a thing? It's her 3rd party insurence that'll pay for it? Is any of what I just said right?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the one at Charlton's is gone man, went years ago, the happy part about that however, is that the guy that bought it is the guy I went to buy one from. He used some steel out of it to fix the other one he had. I will be able to look up that shit when I get home. Hopefully I still have his details somewhere.

Guest zephyrheaven

bummer - yep sorry for posting on the wrong thread , that one at charlton was awesome when i was at school some 14 years ago , used to go up there and score bits for my cresta LOL.

all the best with your hunt for bits and make that insurance co play ball!

Just had a chat to the old man and apparently if insurence doesn't come to the party I could take her to small claims court for damage to personal property? That's kinda last resort cause I really don't want to get that savage, and the other thought is, is that since it's not my claim, my $5g insurence doesn't mean a thing? It's her 3rd party insurence that'll pay for it? Is any of what I just said right?

Ive just been/still am going through the same thing as you.

First off.. I would'nt deal with your insurance company at all.. leave them out of it, it doesnt have to include them.. Deal directly with hers, if they ask about your insurance say you wish to deal directly with them.. If they know you have insurance they will want to sort it between themselfs which is gay. DONT let them know your insurance company, it may be to late?

Second.. They will have a value for the car on their system that will be stupidly low... because of this they will write the car off as it looks like it'd be alot to fix properly. Your best bet is to get a pre-accident valuation from a classic car valuer (dont waste your money having any old valuer come and value it as they will just take your momey and leave you with a low valuation) So basically you want to raise the value of the car in the first place so that it wont be writen off.. They will send their own valuer out from say, the local car dealer, (mine was from Mitsi). basically they have no idea and put a stupidly low price on the car which when you try to argue with the insurance company about they say "but thats the value of the car.. we are sorry you are not happy with it, you are welcome to get your own valuataions and we will take the middle ground. So, you get say a 10,000 valuation and they have a say 2,000 one from Mr Mitsi... They will then value your car at around $6000.

The price they get for the car at Turners also comes into it... The company, not you, can choose weather they repair OR replace. If they choose to write your car of/replace/pay out then you have no choice but to buy it back off them.. If the car has bent chassis then it will be dereg, (they have to do this by law) if it does'nt then it'll be around $2000 or a bit more to get back depending on what Turners price the wreak at. Turners generally price old cars that have panel damage but otherwise fine at $1000 for a dereg/chassis damaged wreck, or $2000+ for one thats "repairable". So yeah, the price the insurance company can get for the wreck comes into what option they wish to pursue and what payout you get.

So first step.. get a pre-accident valuation.. Roy @ Mcginuse in Welly is really good.

If insurance start to piss you around take her to court as I said above. It may even give the insurance a kick in the arse and up the offer they give you. Also fairgo could be a good threat... If my cortina was minter or worth more like yours thats what I would have done.. Time constraints etc didnt allow me to... It is very hard to get what you want from insurance companies...but.. I guess they are all differant and yours could be very generous and go your way...

Just my 5$ from experiance..

wow, thats a novel!

oh bro, totally feel like having a cry for you. This is sickening.

So so so sorry dude.

Good luck mate.

Thanks man. Feel free to let it all out!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the one at Charlton's is gone man, went years ago, the happy part about that however, is that the guy that bought it is the guy I went to buy one from. He used some steel out of it to fix the other one he had. I will be able to look up that shit when I get home. Hopefully I still have his details somewhere.

Sweet man, some contact details would just be the best thing ever right now!

Just got a call from Chris (Dat180) and the dude is just an utter legend! Thanks mate for the offer, I'll have a chat to the panel beater/ insurence and will search him up and get in touch with him and get back to ya. It's the best I got to go on right now, so thanks heaps for the call! Made my day a little better/keepin the hope alive that it can get fixed. He thinks there's one in "THE" padock down the South Island so here's hoping.

Cheers Gaz for the heads up. I'm not expecting it to be easy or for them to hunt around for parts/etc. So that's why I'm trying so hard before I talk to them. Courts = possiblity. Fairgo = out of the equation. I personally hate the show and just how they do it in general. It's all below the belt. So no bad how it gets, definatly not going to them. (but thanks for the suggestion, they are all welcome! :D ) As reguards the valuation stuff, thanks for the info, the more the better as I'm prepairing for it to be a bit of a struggle. Alltough in saying that, my insurence broker (brett bar smith in TGA) is the man and has allways been the opisite of what your'd expect from anyone in the insurence bussiness and I fully recommend him. Searchs out primo deals and has allways been good to deal with. But once the actual company is involved, as you say, it gets messy/hard/stupid. So here's hoping I guess. It's just all something I'd rather of done without.

Yeah it sucks big time.. Im over it and just going to settle.. sigh, with what I was offered months ago..!

Doesnt your broker just find you an insurance company? Which means he wont have anything to do with settling the claim?