si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

14 minutes ago, tortron said:

Literally never seen anyone use park lights as park lights tho

which is annoying because it is required per WOF. what's the point eh. or what's the point of having reflectors.

i see trucks and that have offside tail light on - do they have different rules?

Yes within the last year they either changed it or started cracking down on it as all the trucks at work had them installed within a week

• Like 1

Yeah night light on trucks parked roadside has always been a thing. Cops crack down on it now and then.

Is it still considered a flat deck if the sides and tailgate are up though?

4 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

What's the going rate for.a revin inspection?

Ive revinned an au falcon and l300 mitsi this year

$400 for the inspection and then to get the plates had to pay $234 and that includes 6 months rego

If you are going to sell it you can just do the revin and its issued its wof and then get the plates/register it when someone buys it

• Like 2

$400.isnt too bad.

I got given a free car last weekend. I reckon for a $300 outlay it would pass a revin. And then be worth $1500-$2k

Apart from being filthy as fuck (I'm going to burn the seats) it's great in the body.

Check with your local revin place as prices vary, I get mine done at the AA in napier as the guy is pretty lax and does them for $400 (normally $450) and vtnz charge $579 and are cunts

• Like 2

I make sure they are all nice and clean, take wheels off and water blast underneath, make sure everything works and he always comments how nice and easy mine are to do

• Like 3

It also depends on the age of the car too. It's more expensive and invasive to revin something post 1990 or there abouts. 

• Like 2

@cletus do newly built trailers have to have springs? I was planning on going springless on my offroader trailer, but some old Barry I was yarning too told me you're not able to these days?

XOXOX

are strobing lights legal? i was stuck behind this suv with strobing brake lights the other day - that was beyond super annoying.

to be honest, bicycle strobing lights drive me psycho too. 

• Like 1

What about the high stop light flashers that flash it three times and then on solid? Shit that's annoying in traffic. 

• Like 1