Discuss here about Yoeddynz's little Imp project...

yoeddynz

7 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

Chipping away at it. This project isn't the most important thing in my life right now but it's a nice way to chill out. I'll do an update at some point soon :)

Hope everything else is going well :) just know how slow wiring can be to do so was just checking in :p

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, RUNAMUCK said:

Damn those cicadas are loud up here eh!

Fuck aint they just. Its a good cicada year this one. Heaps of them... trying to muffle out the sound of the flat six

17 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

It sounds sooooo damn good!

Doesn't just! I'm already thinking my muffler design is going to be minimal to start with..8-)  I'm looking forward to getting the coolant in and tuning it so I can really get the idle down because I can already tell its going to have a really sweet idle sound.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

... just another weekend away from finished right?

Totally. Pretty much drop it in, wire up the mandolarian spaceship lights and its good to go.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, shrike said:

Do I need to crank my speakers or is it quiet? Great sound either way keen to hear it scream

Crank your speakers. I think my phone struggled with the background noise from the silly loud cicadas we have here. 

The start up sounds epic, 500rpm with cold start enrichment for max lumpy idle.. Excellent job bro, should prob have a drive of the imp in its current guise so I can make comparisons.. 

• Like 1

I just watched the videos again. So good!

It reminds me of those TV resto shows where they hit the key and the thing just starts, runs and idles beautifully... and I'm sitting there watching like "yeah fuck off, they edited out all the dicking around with shit not working"

Love how smooth it is on the bench.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I've ridden a few goldwings and at one point got to spend a decent amount of time with a Goldwing Trike. Whilst it was dead stock I still would take that thing for a blat every chance I could. Blitzing the throttle in a full lock turn lit up the wheels with ease and I would proceed to piss a large amount of cheese. 

Can't even imagine how cool it will feel to drive this thing when it's together! You make magic happen mate. Seriously impressive. 

• Like 4