Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty easy to do, given there's apparently only 4 of them. Maybe their internet spanner was goofing off browsing OldSchool that day, and didn't notice the gap in torque results

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve got about three good Bridgestone potenza tyres, two re003 and one s001 that were on a car I crashed in 2017 and less than 1,000km old. 

now cos they were made in 2016, appear To be in good condition, have always been stored undercover, would they still be okay to use? 

If not will just use for 11s or in my case 1s

4 hours ago, 87creepin said:

I’ve got about three good Bridgestone potenza tyres, two re003 and one s001 that were on a car I crashed in 2017 and less than 1,000km old. 

now cos they were made in 2016, appear To be in good condition, have always been stored undercover, would they still be okay to use? 

I'm running some 2017 spec tyres on my wagon, it's got a bit over 40,000km on them, tread wear wise they may have seen their last wof, but I'm not concerned with imminent failure due to the age of the rubber.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2024 at 16:43, 87creepin said:

Plenty if tyres in the road older that 8 years 

Even better if there been stored in the dark

• Like 1

Just now, JustHarry said:

I took a set of worn re003 off my e39 wagon that were fitted in 2012.

They were just as grippy as the new ones 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had some 15 year old Kelly budgets on my RS legacy that was rwd, make for fun commutes.

i have the re003’s on my Hiace, massive overkill running 245s, theyr super sticky.

hard to see how these could harden given the compound.

• Like 1

Cheers guys. I know tyres are a contentious topic and the net is full of bad info. Mainly Americans and their crazy problems. I read an article blaming Paul Walkers death on the 6 year old hi-spec Michelins that his Porsche came with brand new before wondering and asking. 

OS is a pretty good place for getting info.

51 minutes ago, cletus said:

I dunno why but tyres in the US seem to suffer from perishing /dry rot worse than other places? 

Maybe in non rainy areas they keep the cars outside more 

I think they just are good at having problems. I once joined an American Honda prelude forum. Pages of the tech section were people trying to work out timing/misfire issues on their 300,000 mile cars without any basic understanding of checking stuff like plug leads and loose battery terminals. “Load up the parts cannon and fire away”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, JustHarry said:

They'll still be better than brand new supercats. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

If one were to purchase “street-friendly” semi slicks like the advan ad08r, wouldn’t their grip be quite bad because semi slicks are supposed to be warmed up and then they perform well? 

and they last for a few heat cycles right?

When I took my Hunter for a cert, it was pinged on too much camber ever after an alignment.

it now sits at 1• neg.

following this thing made me cringe at the camber of the front, rear suspension looks static.

also, just flap disc it and send it bruh

Is rather cool but I’d paint it atleast

IMG_7771.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1