Tech Spam thread - because 1/4" BSP gets 5 hand spans to the jiggawatt

Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sweet thanks guys, from what i can see there is only the one O2 sensor, not sur eif this link will work, but its the circle in the middle on top of the two cats in this one http://toyota.epcdata.ru/caldina/st215g/150415/engine/1701/?full

being there is only one I assume that means theres no post cat reading and so possibly just used for fuel? so putting it in a single header and running no cat may still be possible

oooooh k gear heads

My 2jz had a fault in my old crown wagon where it would drain the battery over a night or two.

Chucked amp meter on it, pulling 2 amps or something from memory.

pulled fuses till I found the one that stopped it draining.

Was for the charge circuit.

What I found was tha if I ran the car and switched it off, the draw would be there, until I unplugged the alternator. If I plugged it back in, the draw would not return till I ran the motor.

So, correct me if Im wrong, but sounds like a rectifier fault correct?

• Like 1

oooooh k gear headsMy 2jz had a fault in my old crown wagon where it would drain the battery over a night or two.Chucked amp meter on it, pulling 2 amps or something from memory.pulled fuses till I found the one that stopped it draining.Was for the charge circuit.What I found was tha if I ran the car and switched it off, the draw would be there, until I unplugged the alternator. If I plugged it back in, the draw would not return till I ran the motor.So, correct me if Im wrong, but sounds like a rectifier fault correct?

Id say yes the diode pack in the rectifier has failed and causing a drain

• Like 1

Gotta 4.88 ratio LSD hilux diff and a 4.1 open diff. Can the LSD nugget be swapped onto the open crownwheel fine? Sick of tahi spinning and 4.88 is waayyyy to high for small wheels/fuel economy to just do a direct swapo

Mitsubishi mechanical fuel pump, 2 outlets or 1 outlet and a return?

$_1.JPG

Mine is spewing oil out the vent, thinking of chucking a cheap electric pump on but not sure about the lines.

Searching Google it seems likely one is a semi regulated outlet that goes to the float bowl and the other goes to the accelerator pump.

So should be all good to T the 2 hoses together and feed both from an electric pump?

Gotta 4.88 ratio LSD hilux diff and a 4.1 open diff. Can the LSD nugget be swapped onto the open crownwheel fine? Sick of tahi spinning and 4.88 is waayyyy to high for small wheels/fuel economy to just do a direct swapo

Should work. I was going to do this until I found a drift spec (lol) LSD head with the correct ratio.

• Like 1

wrong gear..?  wouldn't worry a 4age..

Re hilux diff.   the lsd will swap over fine.          

some useless information:   4.88 carrier is specific to that ratio. none of other ratio crown wheel and pinions will go in the 4.88 carrier.  

• Like 2

Asked about this in my van thread, figured more of you would see it here.

I'm ditching my emissions strangled Mikuni carb from my van and swapping to the basic Aisan carb, the only emissions gear it seems to have is this line which went through a solenoid to the carbon canister.

avJti2a.jpg

I'm pretty confident it's where the canister is vented to the intake, so as I'm ditching all emissions gear I'm assuming I should just plug this hose right?

If I left it to vent I'm thinking it's just going to be a massive vacuum leak?

Mitsubishi mechanical fuel pump, 2 outlets or 1 outlet and a return?

$_1.JPG

Mine is spewing oil out the vent, thinking of chucking a cheap electric pump on but not sure about the lines.

Searching Google it seems likely one is a semi regulated outlet that goes to the float bowl and the other goes to the accelerator pump.

So should be all good to T the 2 hoses together and feed both from an electric pump?

Posting as it may help someone else out in future, I figured it out today.

On both Aisan and Mikuni carbs the main output from the pump goes directly to the float bowl.

The line that's restricted in the pic is a return, on a standard Aisan carb it goes straight back to the tank from the pump.

On a Mikuni carb it goes from that return fitting on the pump, to the accelerator pump then another hose goes from the other side of the accelerator pump back to the tank.

I know I have seen this setup on TV before- there was a race (I'm sure it was to do with Bathurst) and the undercar cam showed it in operation- I think they said it was as far as they could take that axle setup to stay within class rules.

Driving me nuts because I can't find more on it.

Late to the party...

This was the norm in v8 supercars before they moved to the IRS they have in the new spaceframe cars.

from HRT.

2tlngfvl.xt2.jpg

• Like 2

Heres what i do in that situation, not that iv ever done it to a crank

i get out my 2 piece dies, attach them behind the cross threaded bit, then turn them back out

could do it with a nut cut in half if you were desperate

• Like 1

Heres what i do in that situation, not that iv ever done it to a crank

i get out my 2 piece dies, attach them behind the cross threaded bit, then turn them back out

could do it with a nut cut in half if you were desperate

id say its a bolt that threads into the shaft bit harder