Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving them doesn't give me enough wrap it's currently only on 2 or 3 teeth and don't wanna go down to 1. If I'm going to make solid shafts, I will make them longer and Doppler them on both sides. Dublex sprockets and counter weave chain and a tensioner may be on the cards too... god knows.

It already has a solid shaft with sprocket on both sides.

Lots to think about...

move them so you get enough contact from 1 full tooth for drive and enough of one for pick up of the next link, it'll work trust me...

running a auxillary sprocket at either end of your drive train will also take some force off your shafts ( i see one in the vid but have you got two?)

having 2-3 full teeth in the links is over kill and will end in chain bind/snapped shafts and NED tears

Ditch all motors, sell on tm to recoup costs. Replace with weed eater motors that have a centrfugal clutch on each output.. So you can start each one by hand.

Force on motors closer to starter will always be too great imo without tons of work. :blackeye:

Exactly my thoughts. Problem is cost and time in doing this.

double simplex sprockets/counterweaved simplex chain, carriers+bearings mounted on opposed plate

im 101% down with anything involving more sprockets, chain, and bearings

order that shit up

you cant use duplex sprockets and 2 rows of simplex chain, need a thin spacer between 2x simplex sprockets, hence quote edit.

+1 to shafts, did it snap off the threaded portion of the crankshaft or on the "extra" bit?

that

The shear loading placed on the first sprocket will be HUGE and decreasing around until the last motor

yeah was a bit of a lol really. i'm running a two motor version of that but keep forgetting i got lucky with rockdrills that have a grunty bearing between clutch and sprocket

fuck it, common crank the whole lot and use dental floss wrapped around the rear wheel hub to start it.

would probably require a bit of machining and a tricky jig to set up but if you have enough space between flywheels could you extend crank and add a bearing so sprockets are supported both sides? I can understand if you were hesitant to chop up your new alloy plates for a massive rethink

im not as good with mspaint as I used to be

img20111016130241.jpg