Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

So is your mum.

So, anywho, the flywheel that was catching was not the one that was seized... it was the one next to it. It came undone eventually but have no idea why it was fucked. Am thinking i may have been a bit too liberal with the loctite and some possibly got into the bearing? Swapped the catching flywheel over anyway etc and tried to start it but no dice.

So wanted to upload the vids i took and got carried away with using windows movie maker haha

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will run the car starter motor to start the lot as it's awesome :)

Chain is tight because that massive top bit is actually the tentioned part of the chain, not the slack bit. Plus it will stretch a bit still once it has run for a bit.

Will try everything again tonight. Got hot exhaust gasses coming out of some of the exhausts so it should work...

That started is cranking well fast enough. Pull starting is nowhere near as fast as this car starter haha.

All of them still have the standard flywheel plus the huge rear sprocket that weighs about 3Kg (estimate)

i had problems the other day starting with a drill. the motors were firing up first pull (ish) but wouldnt do anything with drill starting.. didnt have a freewheeling starter attachment so it kind of seemed like they would pop but the drill was knocking them back and they wouldnt spin up..

+1 for airbox too.

Car starters have sprag clutches so thats fine plus i had them all running without exhaust without cleaners etc individually and started with the same car starter motor so the exact same setup i'm using works individually.

Not saying you don't have good points, just saying i'm confident the fucker will start tonight when it's not 11pm when i'm trying to figure out whats wrong when all i want to do is go home and sleep haha