Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just moved house, gotten a new (higher paying) job and have a garage where i can work on stuff. I've been in contact with some people about some sprag clutches and the likes.

Some stuff is happening behind the scenes but nothing has really been done. I only just started my new job but after the first payday - shit will happen! stay tuned :)

if you wanted igniton to be easy id screw some model nitro glow plugs in it worked on my ryobi weed wacker just have to run nitro fuel

Any more details on this? What size glow plugs are you using? The tiny as little ones in the little 1/10th nitro buggers? Or bigger ones? Running straight nitro mix(like the hobby stuff straight from the bottle, no mixed in petrol?)

Sounds like I may have a use for my $20 weedeater engine :twisted:

look up gas to glow conversion on youtube theres a few running on there. i just put a os #6 glow plug in a weed eater engine got a brass fitting from the shop to screw the glow plug into then thread in the spark plug hole) ran 20% nitro rc fuel straight out of the bottle just had to make a washer to restrict air intake on carb a tad ran twice as good pulled alot more revs. i buy my nitro in 20L containers even have a briggs and stratton engine that loves the stuff. glows the exhaust port red hot can even light smokes off it handy when your lighter doesnt work

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So i bought some tools which will arrive this week so i can actually work on this again at home.

This WILL be finished before bike summit. I don't care how much time/money it takes, but i will finish it!

Going to try and run 1/2 the motors backwards and no longer weave the chain through the sprockets to get rid of the side loading and use some plasticy stuff to keep the chain on the sprockets (like the tensioner $tephen and Sentra_Dave have on their opposed twin bike)

If i can't run them backwards well enough, i will run them all in one big line instead of two opposed lines :)

• 3 weeks later...

Workbench is currently drying from last coat of paint and yesterdays velodrome meet has me extra excited! need to find a spare second to drive out west to the dump shop and find a replacement motor and i'll be back on track!

• 1 month later...

FUCKING PIECE OF S#!T !!!!!!!!!

Hate this thing haha.

Tried to run up my single test motor to make sure it still runs and then make it run backwards and failed at even getting it running :(

As you know, i start the motors with a car starter motor onto the output shaft, which is a nut on a shaft that bolts onto the output shaft of the motor and holds the flywheel on (let me draw you a picture)

Motor%2520drawing.png

So looking at the motor from the flywheel end, it turns counter clockwise. I added nut 2 to the shaft so i can attach my starter motor to get it running, but with it turning counter clockwise, it tries to undo nut 1 which holds the flywheel on...

So previously i would just over tighten the fuck out of it and it would be fine, but for some reason, it's not keen for that ATM so i drilled a 3mm hole where the red lines are to i could put a bolt through it. The second i tried to start it, it just fucked that bolt in 2 places and shore it off clean and the nut shaft came undone GRRR! Tried it with a split pin next which held up a bit better, but still failed after a few seconds and just disintegrated in front of my eyes but the shaft had only come undone 1/10th of a turn and was still quite tight which i find weird.

Now, do i go get some high tensile bolts and try again or will this be not much better? The bolts i used were shitty m3 hobby things i taxed when i left one of my old jobs and were used to hold circuit boards in place and didnt need to be strong so i assume they were uber shit.

Any input is max appreciated!