Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

Hey guys. Had a super productive day today!

The whole thing has been pulled apart over the last little while and the loctite really didn't make things easy for me haha! i highly doubt those shafts would ever have come loose under normal operation!

Anyway, modified the 2 plates to have the motors mounted as opposed motors rather than offset a bit. This way i can put 1 shaft between 2 motors to have a bearing on either side of the shafts. Need to find me a 35mm hole saw for the bearings of the support shaft and the output shaft.

Also used my lathe to make up 5 new shafts for the motors. Just need to go to Money Badger HQ tomorrow to use a lathe that is a little better than mine to drill some holed in the end so i can attach them to the motors.

Even though everyone says "don't modify your flywheel" etc, i turned 4 out of 10 of them down on the lathe today and will do the rest tomorrow/monday. This was just to get rid of some of the fins that poke out from the mounting face as they will be in the way later. may cut off all the other fins all the way down as well at some point but thats too much effort for now.

So progress is being made :) i'm not sure if i'll have it running before summit, but i sure am trying!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take 10 standard flywheels

IMG_20111003_120751.jpg

end result;

20120604_161235.jpg

and the new shafts holding the motors together :D

20120604_161114.jpg

Now i have to get a new sprocket tomorrow and put a 20mm hole in it to go on the new shafts. Then i'll go get a hole saw for the bearings tomorrow as well and then i may be able to try and start 2 of the motors together to try get one running backwards nicely. Once i have that done, i can do the same to the other 8 and have a running motor! maybe haha