Ned's 10cyl 310cc 2 smoke

Ned

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

tried to start 2 like mentioned above and it disintegrated/blew up/threw it's toys out the cot haha.

Put it aside to work on TruTest for Summit and havent had much spare time/space in the garage since. Cam said he's getting his car out of my garage this month so that gives me the room, now i just have to find the time... which i should be able to find a bit off... Am just doing a ton of contract work until October sometime...

I have no spares at all. Had 1, but destroyed one well and truly getting this setup running haha.

Dump shop in Auckland will sell 'complete' weedeaters that havent been tested for $15 though and all 11 i bought have worked

I havent made it to the dump shop at all this year as the dude is only open stupid hours and is on the other side of town :(

PM Kirk, he lives closer and only works 1.5 hours a day or something. I think he want talking about going there anyway so he would be the best bet i think...

i already been this week. wont be back for a week or two. $15 is market rate for a not running chinese weedeater. its like more than scrap value which is all they are worth. they only like $100-$200 new lol. usualy linkage/coupling thingy at the bottom where the cable joins to the head before the engine fails/same with all chinese weedeater, either that or the starter. its a race between all the components to see what will fail first and almost nothing is worth fixing/replacing if you're paying a shop to fix it

no dont buy new. the dump shop engines will be fine. thats why all neds worked. cos everything else on the tool breaks before the engine gets a chance lol

edit: i run my business on $25 dump shop engines. So much mint shit there that is there because people are stupid/lazy