Goat's almost WOF spec Zed

Seedy Al

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chair guiz,

I am most happy with how this is panning out. Better than all my other shit which is just sitting in sheds doing nothing.... Hah

A Question:

I am having a problem with the coil-over setup.

All 4 corners are at vastly different heights when the spring perches are set the same (side to side).

One side will have the spring just about un-captive and the other will have the spring wound up about 25mm just to get it level.

The original springs i took out of the car were the same size side to side. And my sectioned struts are literally only 1mm different heights. So the issue isnt there.

I have double checked that i put the springs in right and i didnt put a rear spring in front etc. (both 250 in front and both 225 in rear) and according to the numbers stamped on the springs. They are right.

What could be causing this?

• Different spring rates/ Springs labeled wrong?
  • Springs not settled? (though i expect they would be now after hawkes boes and back)
  • Warped chassis? (though it sat level with factory springs in it...)
  • Or is this usual with coilover installs?

Its confusing me...

Send your springs away to get tested. Its not uncommon to have uneven rated springs even when they're meant to be the same..

Some aren't even the rating they should be from factory and other sagg badly. Eibach however you can basically guarantee are correct.

+1 for L Series Dort's, come a long way, should be proud man!