Goat's almost WOF spec Zed

Seedy Al

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man what gear do you have for rolling the swage in that patch panel? Sam had a vice mounted roller but it was pretty shit house.

Didn't have any tools. hah.

I just used a bit of railway track and a hammer. Used the side of it to get the suage sitting proud. Then sharpened up the lines by hammering a bit of 50x5 steel plate along the crease.

Would be keen on a proper swager to do lush shit.

• Like 2

Can pretty mush do most shapes and what not by smashing the shit out of it against different objects.

Takes alot longer though. One day i'll get the kit together.... but usually after a weekend of rust repairs im so over it its not funny. Hah

Thats on the cards. Should keep rust away for a few more years.

Plan on a respray at some stage. Not in the next couple of years though. Will need quite a few dubious looking areas dealt to then.

Where can one get that wax that you used on Buick in NZ?

Hmmm dunno who supplies it in NZ, it was pretty cheap compared to everything else and is rated pretty well in the UK. I think the Dinitrol shit is better but I cant find it here for a reasonable price. I'll have a quick look around, it will probably be a pain if you have more patches to do, probably better to hit it just after painting it. I think it will last for years on years, I'm gunna chuck some in a rusty bit of box section and put it outside for a test.

Yea, the chances of it being flamable are high. Set fire to all internal passeges of car when trying to weld in a patch is probably not the bestest idea. hah.

Should hold off with that.

When you do tests you should start a praject thread (for the tech thread) about you findings with the cavity protection on/in a box section. How many days/months/years it holds rust out.

Do some on clean, painted and already rusty metal to see what happens.