Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

brilliant! those brakes came up sweet and will continue to even out as they re-bed again. choice!

on the topic of gear linkages: would you like some pictorials? the linages have little tie rod end type things on them, and there's heaps of 'relays' along the length which pivot along plastic bushes which wear out. replacing all the ones with slop will have it back to being as tight as a nun's. recently did like 4 of the tie rod type joints for a geezer and his 1017 went from jumping out of gear and graunching when changing to second (he thought crook gearbox) to like new again.

congrats on the cof. awesome to hear/see that it weighed in a hell of a lot less. that's like giving you free horsepower with less fuel useage, and all the while needing less taxation for your troubles. win!

Congratulations! Obviously you did everything thoroughly, so she flew through with no qualms!

Envious of your South Island travelleability now! I would love to trek around the island stopping off at beautiful locations just because I could!

Congrats man, this thing is soo lush!

Parked up by the lake/dam and chilled out for the evening- really kind of weird not hearing town but instead hearing ducks and other birdlife.

We slide out just one pop out and tried the invertor out- watched a dvd. Annoyingly our new 'pure sine wave' invertor seems to create a hum through the speakers if we play the dvd sound out through the headunit. If we just use the TV speakers there is no hum. Both the invertor and the stereo are off the same battery. Can I put some sort of filter on the power feed to the stereo?

Ground loop isolator, one for the head unit and I would run one on the inverter too.

I had the same problem back when I ran an Xbox in one of my old cars, a couple of GLI's fixed it right up :)

Congrats brother - I'm super chuffed for you.. Looking forward to a mug of tea on your back step..

I'm buying this off you in 10 years.

Geddardavit ya mungrool. Tis mine..

PS Alex - it really needs a matching mobile garage/trailer (including a hoist) to park your whips and work on them.. :D

PS Alex - it really needs a matching mobile garage/trailer (including a hoist) to park your whips and work on them.. :D

I rercon A frame the viva and then chuck one of these on the back of the truck and just modify it so it can pick up your car

12616337_max.jpg

cheers guys!! yeah serenity is all good now. It was just amazing yesterday to be sitting in our house and instead of looking at a hedge or house and hearing cars on a busy road we were able drink our coffee looking at the sea and listening to the waves :D

It would be cool to A frame the Viva. This old bearded builder guy swung in where we were parked up and chatted away- he used to build and live in housetrucks up north. He now travels the south island with a funky old 60s caravan that he has put cedar shingles on. He picks up building work here and there. Interesting old dude. He just built a mobile workshop so now has to do two trips.

But yeah- cant travel far yet as we need money. Still have a small amount saved in blighty but exchange rate is getting worse everyday. Just need to bump our funds up for a bit. Not looking forwards to that whole work thing..... :cry: quite enjoying getting up late

brilliant! those brakes came up sweet and will continue to even out as they re-bed again. choice!

on the topic of gear linkages: would you like some pictorials? the linages have little tie rod end type things on them, and there's heaps of 'relays' along the length which pivot along plastic bushes which wear out. replacing all the ones with slop will have it back to being as tight as a nun's. recently did like 4 of the tie rod type joints for a geezer and his 1017 went from jumping out of gear and graunching when changing to second (he thought crook gearbox) to like new again.

congrats on the cof. awesome to hear/see that it weighed in a hell of a lot less. that's like giving you free horsepower with less fuel useage, and all the while needing less taxation for your troubles. win!

Yeah!!! please if you PM me some prices on bits and pieces involved. I'll tilt the cab at some point and have another look but yeah- a couple of the tie rod ends were sloppy :bounce: etc so an afternoon spent replacing them will work wonders I bet. :wink:

Wicked!

Hey whats involved with that leckywoof on a camper? I heard its just the connection from the campsite box to the camper that gets tested? We have a pretty basic setup- just an extension cord hanging out the bottom which is wired into a plug on the wall. I was just going to fit the relevant connector and a proper camping extension cord to suit.

this is just freaking ace man!!!!! awesome build might link the foreman at work to it , he is just building somthing to go away and do mx riding but will no doubt like to see this thread !

super sweet the brake came up we have one those testers at work so i take for granted brake testing before going over to vtnz