Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah leadlights are well nice. I'm really glad we fitted them as the light that comes through is great- well the coloured ones at least.

I didn't realise at the time because Hannah paid but the COF cost us $117 !!!! bloody hell! thats a bit much- it took them less time then most car tests I had done. I hope its cheaper at Vinz. Still- just happy it passed.

Yep- that above diagrams of a GLI doesn't make sense to me.

Ground loop isolator..

Just looked that up - looks like the right gizmo! But given that it connects in the audio signal line between (in this case) the DVD player and the head unit, how do you "put one on the inverter"?

gli_diagram2.gif

:oops: got a little mixed up, I had a GLI between the Xbox and the headunit and a noise suppressor on the inverters wiring since I got the buzz through the headunit whenever the inverter was on.

Something like this

PC4-50.jpg

But mine was a fusion one I think?

have to check the regs again its been a looooooooooong time since ive done one basically id be looking for earth bonding to the chassis. and require some sort of fusing / breaker setup if you need to know anything specific just pm me and ill find out. and id want to check out the 230v wiring setup inside / inverter wiring at the end of the day it is my name on the paper so i have to cover my ass as im personally liable

I doubt vinz will be cheaper, and that's if they'll take anything over 3500kg. most of their 'cof' advertising may be for the like of rentals and taxis. and maybe really light trucks. I've never seen a 'real' truck at a vinz.

therefore vtnz have a monopoly.

so rape you up the shitter with a pineapple.

Damn- I don't like being raped up the shitter with a pineapple! I thinkk its a disgusting price to pay given the time involved was pretty much the same as a car. And twice a year! I guess we can offset it by knowing that our annual licence is $200 less as its now a motorhome.

I'll check out some noise surpressors - maybe Jaycar?

jakesae101- I will PM you if I have any questions.

oh ok. i'm using a 3.5mm jack cable between headphone socket on telly and aux in on headunit. Can I get a gli for that?

Not sure if you could buy one pre-made, but the signals down your 3.5mm ended cable are the same as that going down a set of RCA cables, so splicing one in thats meant for a set of RCA's would do the same job... Failing that, You telly probably has RCA outs on the back aswell ad the headphone jack on the front? could use those RCA outs, to the GLI, then to the aux in on the headunit via an RCA - 3.5mm cable.

Congrats man, it really does look bloody awesome, quite jelous! If your down ChCh way anytime in the next couple of weeks swing me a text, I'd really love to have a geeze :).

I am planning a winter solstice spearfishing trip..

If I get some crays we could hookup and you could cook my lunch for me :)

edit.. Just realised that the solstice is this month.. will not be there, but maybe over the summer we could do this

we'll be down in chch soon but in van. Next trip in truck will be kaikoura coast for winter solstice:-) shit- not far away. Must get cracking and stop cuddling cats.

Pffffft, there is always time for cuddling cats! Give us a bell if youve got any spare time when your down.