Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pffffft, there is always time for cuddling cats! Give us a bell if youve got any spare time when your down.

Damn- we are still in CHCH- just got back from chris's pad checking out awesome Gems and even awesomer radio controlled stock cars. Gonna dust off my old futaba and build me a metal model Hino stock truck!!!

I'll text ya now.

And fellow viva dude- do it!!! Build a yellow bus home. Its awesome fun and bus would be so much quicker easier to build.

• 3 weeks later...

Loving it Alex! Like D said... living the life! That makes it cool in itself, the interior shots are outstanding too, looks so cosy and homely in there. A great place to hibernate on a rainy day :D

I'll be the first to admit that I have long been a detractor of this type of vehicle, but your thread with detailed build info coupled with huge enthusiasm and distinct emotional attachment has given me an appreciation for house trucks now!

So cool!

Cheers guys. What amazed me was the cool response both on the road and from all sorts of people who 'just popped in for a look' while we were parked up. Truck drivers liked it, waves from big bus drivers and tourists were wow'd. We had one Russian guy who now lives in Chch and he wants to build one soi he just had to come by and check it out, asking all sorts of techy questions. A builder from Germany said "no way could you get away with building something like this in Germany" due to tough as TUV regs (I don't see why though- if its a load being carried on a truck then why not?)

Oh- and we passed a tractor. Yeah man- I was like "I'm gonna have this tractor on the next straight" to Hannah and yeah, next clear road, I opened it out and let all 150 ponies unleash fury. It was a pretty modern tractor too...

He reckon we must have hit 80 at least!

I hope you drive with earmuffs on to drown out all the wind noise - excessive revving.. LOL

Shit yeah- at times we hit 3500!!!!

Quite honestly the old truck went really well. Like Cam had told me a while back that its low geared so rather than slogging its revving. so we just drive slower. I reckon Takaka hill when we do it in future will be no lower than third gear needed.

not into house trucks, but do enjoy a good project thread thats different.

just found this thread by accident. so had to create a username to post.

If i ever wanted a house truck, this would be it. Looks quite spacious and very cosy.

Great work, and alot of it. The interior woodwork is just blardy marvelous!

cool wood burner made from the portable gas bottle.

Excellent!

I hope you enjoy your house truck as much as i enjoyed reading and looking at the pics.

Cheers guys- what cool comments given that this a isa car forum and not a motor home forum. In fact- i have had a better response from oldschool dudes than I have from two motorhome forums I have posted it on. I gave up posting on them ages ago as I think it was not plastic or 'clean' enough...

Paint it beige? he he. I could get the steel wheels banded....

Yeah man- thats the complet works of gary Larson. Love his stuff and we saw those books going cheap in the Oxford Borders bookshop and couldn't resist. They are heavy fuckers and need chaining in place when we drive.

There is a aussie fella who does cartoons in a similar vein to Garys. Called 'insanity streak'. Not always as good as Larson's but still some funny ones...

http://www.bullspress.co.uk/united-king ... k-samples/

Fuck yeah! Fuck yeah!!!! Awesome link. Gonna make a cup of tea and sit down for a watch. I love programs like this.

Oh - and I want sideburns like his ( and also to be able to ride a bike that fast without leaving dirty things in my pants)

Cheers man!