Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we were out mtbing in kaiteriteri on sunday- was that when you came up? Waimarama sanctuary is awesome eh. Amazing bush up here with proper big old trees up there.

Hey pm me your phone number. My old phone has had a 'moment' and I don't have your number. You'll have to bowl up sometime for coffee and cake.

Yeah it's great! Back in the days when I was seriously racing, for a training ride I used to stay at kaiteriteri and ride up takaka hill then up canaan road to start of track, down remeka to takaka, then back over takaka hill to kaiteriteri. Something like 100km and over 2000 meters climbing. Id be sooo knackered and I would eat so much once back at camp. Love the riding over there. A new way we ride it is to go up birds road from tanaka and ride wainui track then drop back down remeka so avoiding the road.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah it's great! Back in the days when I was seriously racing, for a training ride I used to stay at kaiteriteri and ride up takaka hill then up canaan road to start of track, down remeka to takaka, then back over takaka hill to kaiteriteri. Something like 100km and over 2000 meters climbing. Id be sooo knackered and I would eat so much once back at camp. Love the riding over there. A new way we ride it is to go up birds road from tanaka and ride wainui track then drop back down remeka so avoiding the road.

Jesus thats a big ride man. Totally love that area, first visited while going to the Gathering at Canaan Downs then ended up returning heaps. Got a window seat on the plane yesterday and with the clear skies the whole area looked awesome, planning a Jan/Feb trip now. Do you know Martin at Quiet Revolution by any chance?

These is way too much stuff to read through here. I did read your build thread many a moon ago, but what did this whole thing cost you? how much for the truck and how much for the house?

You only needed to go to the previous page :D

The whole house including purchase price of the truck, which was $6500, cost no more than $25,000. That max. So pretty cheap i think. We did a lot of reserch for cheap stuff and mainly used second hand timber which saved a heap. We sold the Bedford to in England to some bloke from France and that was $14,000 towards the build.

Cheers dude.

Stu- does Martin own quiet revolution? I have met him a few times over the years when I pop in but don't really know him. Nice fella though.

Which gathering did you go to? I remember the one at start of '99. It was so bloody hot up there that year. The next year I had left nz but dad told me that it rained hard and people got hypothermia?

It is an amazing place up there eh! When you go back there make sure to check out the new tracks up there built by the takaka club.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the grumpy old fella we bought bought our truck from has died? His land is up for grabs. You can see in one of the photos on this trademe listing for his land a line up of old hinos.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =483221397

Sort of a shame- he was grumpy but quite a character. He had a missing leg and we found out later it was lost due to him having dropped something heavy on his foot, being too proud/stupid to go see a doctor when it started going green and then they had to chop the lot off knee down.

He liked Jap trucks. Liked hinos. Hated the fact they got badged as fords so removed all ford badges and bought hino badges to fit back in place. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Alex. Just wondering if you had to get any of this certified? Like welding that back extension bit onto the tray? And if you did, what did it cost? This is an awesome truck. I want to build one similar. I'm hard out saving for a truck at the mo, although i'm a truck noob. Not sure what to go for other than at least 5mt wheel base on two axcels. Got about $7500 at the mo. Studying for class2. There's one housetruck I like which has a top room on the back like yours but with a pop up of about a metre. Keen to do that. I have already started - got my magnetic spice jars, so on the way!

Andrew

Hiya,

Nah nothing needed certifying. If your building onto a flat deck etc thats bolted to the chassis its just considered a load. Then so long as its within maximum size limits the world is your big tasty oyster (actually I think they taste yuck)

Oh- and all windows must be toughened glass or covered in lexan.

But yeah, you can build anything really. no really. A big elephant made from old iron but painted deep orange. For effect.

An elephant on rollerskates. With a scarf. Now that would get people talking.

Cheers dude.

Stu- does Martin own quiet revolution? I have met him a few times over the years when I pop in but don't really know him. Nice fella though.

Which gathering did you go to? I remember the one at start of '99. It was so bloody hot up there that year. The next year I had left nz but dad told me that it rained hard and people got hypothermia?

It is an amazing place up there eh! When you go back there make sure to check out the new tracks up there built by the takaka club.

Yeah he does, he lives over at Parapara beach, rad place and have stayed in the bus on his lawn a few times. Its been years since I've spoken to him now sadly. I'll drop in for a coffee at his shop next time Im there.

I went to the 00 gathering aka the mud fest - took nearly a full day to get out due to the mud. I remember everyone was stuck in a hours long queue avoiding a huge puddle that formed so we hit it at full speed and aquaplaned over the top and onto the road to everyones dismay. Guy behind us tried but didn't make it haha. I don't remember it being cold thou but was half crazed from lack of sleep and such like...

I was also there for a couple of weeks over the christmas break in 99 mountain biking and generally lurking around the place with my best mate. So many cool memories! Can't wait to head back.