Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

That's the fucker! Yeah would ya look at that! wow- was so amazing to me a little one. So I built my own scaled down version out of cardboard. But then I built so many things out of cardboard. Still have some and might get photos and post them up. Was making a really detailed Volvo F12 cab fully detailed inside including making a opening fridge between seats with a miniature bottle of coca cola stashed in it. I was/still am fascinated by comfy cosy long haul sleeper cabs. Its still at my parents so must go get as they moving house.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved the vid.. Damn truck looks like it was built by an artist

Looks like?! It was! You should see the brazing tables he built at work.

Can you get scale models of the Hino cab/chassis? Would love to have a go at 3D printing the house with working slide outs...

Also - I'd love to swap that Honda MT125 for TIGing services (4 carrier mounts on an alloy frame...)

Looks like?! It was! You should see the brazing tables he built at work.

Can you get scale models of the Hino cab/chassis? Would love to have a go at 3D printing the house with working slide outs...

Also - I'd love to swap that Honda MT125 for TIGing services (4 carrier mounts on an alloy frame...)

You've given up on finding 2 stroke bits that don't cost moon beams then.... yeah ok sounds good:-) please be aware my tig skills are in development so won't be beautiful...

You need to come out and stay one sat night anyway.

• 6 months later...

There's another site that has used the same photos and words. I think the photos must have been screen shots taken from the smoking tire film then used photos from here. Shame they didnt put up a link to oldschool forums.

I will do an update sometime soon. I need to. the Rimu window frames are losing all the varnish. Something about natural oils in rimu not helping yacht varnish stick? I dont know. still learning. Plus two of the skylights leak in really heavy rain. Just a weep but annoying and will not do the wood any good. Oh and the design for the pop out roof drains dont work. Well they do until the drain holes get clogged. So we will replace the roofs with new material and better drains/gutters. Now its parked up we might fit wider gutters along the roof too. Sometimes here where we live it can pour down tropical style. 25mm wide guttering aint enough.

Quite keen on the idea of possibly taking the truck to OS nats in 2017 depending how things go. Would be fun and I like driving it. Plus if we use Raupuna then its totally going to have to be a drag race between our Hino house and Shanes Hino house!!!

• Like 4

Hey cheeky - my house weighs only 8500kg and has 150bhp! That's .... hang on...   17.64 bhp per tonne! So dont knock it. I think it'll be good for the 30's. I reckon Shane might beat us with his bus especially as he has far less drag but would be a great race anyway :-)