Yoeddynz's 1985 Hino N0915 housetruck build.

yoeddynz

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Alex. i second the video idea! I bought myself a truck a couple of weeks ago. Figure I'll build over the next couple of years. $8500 5.1 wheel base, 7m deck. At the mo it's got gullwing sides which would be perfect for my band, but can't keep buying trucks willy nilly aye, so I'll be stripping that off to the deck. Has checkerplate deck which I'm thinking I'll replace with wood, for weight. That's my biggest concern. The Tare is nearly 6 ton, The GVM is 9.1. Although there is quite a lot of heavy in the rear doors and heavy steel in the top for those wings. The front axel rating is 3.6 and rear is 7.7 so I'm not sure how they get 9.1. Anyway, let the building begin. (should be able to click for more pics)

Andrew

295776_10151250876702618_689644921_n.jpg

Cool. Start a thread on here! I'm sure the others will love to see it. Plenty of love here for creations of any kind.

You must be able to lose plenty of weight to bring it back down. Another plus is it looks like you have smaller 16" wheels like ours? Less weight and lower deck height means taller ceilings or multi level.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oooh- missed these posts. Yeah truck (well...house) has been fine. not a lot to report. is quite funny tha at the campsite we get so many tourists coming down to take photos. They are mega lucky because they get truck and Viva in the photo.  There is a dead end track going past the truck down to another house bus and they all head down there in cars and motorhomes trying to do a sneaky driveby photo shoot. then they get stuck at end and have to do 15 point turn to get out.

we will redesign the pop out roofs and change the guttering on them. the ally pipes in the corners work well to drain until they get blocked and with several springy oaks, possums and other trees about its all too often we have to clear them. One skylight has a tiny drip if it rains really hard but dries out straight away so job for future. In fact so many little jobs to do- things that have never been finished since moving in. But these jobs will wait for ages as we are in the middle of trying to buy a block of land right now.

Truck will get moved onto said land maybe next summer if all goes well. Later on we will build a cabin on ridge and hopefully can rent truck out to backpackers etc as something funky to stay in.

Hino always starts without fail. so easy. I must change the oil as not liking the idea of old oil sitting there.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...