For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, cletus said:

To be fair, the wof manual does not have ^ those pics in it, they are in the entry certifier section. When you read the wording in the wof virm and went by that, all those examples would fail I would think 

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/vehicle-structure/structure-incl2.-frontal-impact

Good point. I recall being surprised with those pics were first linked. Seems odd that the standards would be different for entry/in-service though

36 minutes ago, Transom said:

Yeah some garages are passing fully smashed in rails and some are failing them with a minor dent - it’s so inconsistent 

It seems like the main discrepancy is over what's considered "structural" - certainly the wee diagram supplied by the WOF guidelines seems to indicate that practically anything in, on or near the car's body is structural, which isn't helping

2 hours ago, Nominal said:

Good point. I recall being surprised with those pics were first linked. Seems odd that the standards would be different for entry/in-service though

The images say a repair cert isn't required, but is that the same as the damage doesn't need to be repaired? Would they still expect the damage to be repaired but it doesn't need to be up to a "structural" standard? 

Haha yeah, nah, looked at it some more and it must be at a very old repair, looks as if the rear quarter has been replaced ( it’s black on the inside and the other side is white). Sure I could chuck a weld on there and it will be painted with the rest of the underside but this car is will likely need a cert for engine swap so I guess to reframe the question- if this was done the correct way what is involved repair wise and paperwork wise?

Not sure if this is the correct thread?

But is there a possible way to send an expression of interest note/letter to the registerd owner of a vehicle if you know the rego plate details?

Several years ago I spotted something of interest and I regret not following it up when I had the chance 

Thanks 

Just now, hood said:

Not sure if this is the correct thread?

But is there a possible way to send an expression of interest note/letter to the registerd owner of a vehicle if you know the rego plate details?

Several years ago I spotted something of interest and I regret not following it up when I had the chance 

Thanks 

Pretty much nope. It's private information now.

• Like 1

Apologies if this is the wrong place

I'm after a personalised plate. 

Plate hasn't been on car since 1994 (according to Carjam) 

Is there anyway I can track down the owner of the plate? Or is it pretty much a no. 

@cletus

I want to install a center lap seat belt in the back of my EH for juniors car seat. Theres no factory mounts back there. I've read through the low volume standard for seatbelt Anchoranges, and sorta understand it.

Were would be the best place to install with the space available in this pic? 

Spot 1 would be easiest if thats ok.

Spot 2 would be ok but pushing max width of 500mm and I cant pull them in due some brackets on the inside of that swage line.

Any help or direction with this would be great!

Hyngft.jpg