si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at what point do you get plates / how much 

?

Once it has the re-vinned wof on it you can then register it and get plates at the same time. Will be $400 or $440 for the first time including plates and 6 months reg. Thats waht it is for a freshly complied import so should be the same. 

Just put a 125cc Scooter back on the road after getting written off and that was $337 I think with 6 months reg.

• Like 1

as long as it is strong enough then i cant see an issue. the one in that pic has probably had a bit much cut out. if you are not going to adjust the camber as positive as that big bit cut out towards the guard allows, i wouldnt cut it that far.

first page in this thread has one done tidily

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/29805-mikeys-240z-golly-gosh/

the process is evil!

I went/am going

VIN/COMPLIANCE - got vin number - failed compliance

REPAIR CERT

CERT

CERT RECHECK

VIN/COMPLIANCE - have to pay full price as way out of the 21 day recheck threshold

REGO

BURNOUTS

Im about to do all this legal crap to get my car back to its original plates and tags as they got changed somewhere down the line.

So to clarify.

Take the car to vtnz. - get the vin papers filled out. but the car not checked. collect vin tag.  

Go for cert. - pass cert.

then go back and complete rego, which they will wof the car in the process. collect new #plates. 

Is this correct? Do you have any amount of time in between getting the vin tag and completing vin?

If a power steering rack is fitted to a car does the actual power side of it need to work?

Just failed wof on steering rack old manual steerer needs work i have a rebuilt power rack ready to go in later on but i'm missing the front pulley and brackets to mount the pump. can i just loop the hoses and fit it? or is this a no wof wise.

That depends a lot on the steering geometry though. If the car didn't have P/S from factory then  the steering is going to be pretty light. A P/S box without the pump should feel basically the same.

If the car was P/S from factory then it makes the steering horrible. The pump on my MX73 failed awhile back and you had to swing most of your weight on the wheel to turn at 100kph.

Triumphs arent to bad with the ps disconnected its a good workout at least. i have seen my mate pass wof with same type of car same thing but that was a while ago. Same mate actually owes me the remaining parts but has a very sick kid so i'm not going to remind him.

If a power steering rack is fitted to a car does the actual power side of it need to work?

Just failed wof on steering rack old manual steerer needs work i have a rebuilt power rack ready to go in later on but i'm missing the front pulley and brackets to mount the pump. can i just loop the hoses and fit it? or is this a no wof wise.

http://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof/general/steering-and-suspension/steering-and-suspension-systems

Reasons for rejection:

4. The power steering:

a) has been disconnected, or

b ) system does not operate correctly, requiring unreasonable force to steer the vehicle, or

c) has a hose, pump drive, drive belt or pump mounting that is insecure, damaged or has significantly deteriorated, or

d) has a significant fluid leak.

Take the car to vtnz. - get the vin papers filled out. but the car not checked. collect vin tag.  

Go for cert. - pass cert.

then go back and complete rego, which they will wof the car in the process. collect new #plates. 

Is this correct? Do you have any amount of time in between getting the vin tag and completing vin?

correct.

there is no time limit after vin number is issued

• Like 1