For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are bump steer correction kits like this (see below) certable?  I think mikuni asked about this kind of thing some time ago (or maybe that was balljoints?) but I haven't been able to find what the resolution was

id have to look back thru some of our training notes, im pretty sure adjustable ones were not ok, that might have been the ones with a thread to do the adjusting. there was some talk of extra long adjustable ones causing issues with trying to twist the steering arm also.

if it was allowed, and some would be, (you can buy balljoints and tierod ends that have revised pivot points for some cars) you would need a 1D certifier to do a bump steer check as part of the cert to make sure it does actually improve the bumpsteer and not make it worse

those astro copies are no good as mentioned.

cragar do one that is ok. the funny thing about cragars is the construction method sounds even more hori than those^

they have a aluminium center with steel inserts cast into them, which are then welded to the steel outer rim

cback2.jpg

hey clint, just looking into making my own adjustable pan hard rod.

just wanting to know if its legal to make one out of a solid bar of steel/something very thick walled and tap a thread in each end and use some big rosejoints on each end to adjust it and hold it up? if that makes any sense?

hey clint, just looking into making my own adjustable pan hard rod.

just wanting to know if its legal to make one out of a solid bar of steel/something very thick walled and tap a thread in each end and use some big rosejoints on each end to adjust it and hold it up? if that makes any sense?

yep that would be fine, use teflon or kevlar lined joints (ie good quality ones) and you will be fine

Would there be any issue with putting a shim or a spacer between chassis xmember and engine mounting plate to space the engine up say a inch or so? 

as long as the bolts on te mount are long enough,engine mount rubbers dont get twisted/stressed and the angle of the driveshaft etc doesnt get silly, then no problem

• Like 1

I am planning on shortening the frame slightly on my KZ440, then welding in a new rear loop very similar to that pictured below. Is this likely to cause issues at WOF time? Are there any requirements or specifications I need to adhere to?

O4SBJYb.jpg

Cheers