For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

technical advisory committee I think?

how often do they meet clint? I think old boy Don has forwarded some of my build queries to them but it was like a month ago and I have not heard back. or maybe he is just old man pottering about in the shed and he forgot to get back to me.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can a modified car with MotorSport Authority Card and LVV Cert, etc be driven on the road only when driving to/from an event or for inspection/repairs or can it be driven whenever the owner would like to drive it? I've come across both and not sure which to go with. I'm reading up on this as it would give me more flexibility with modifications (suspension mainly, see section 3.1 here, please correct me if I'm reading this wrong) and I would like to enter some events too. While it would not be a daily driver I would like to be able to drive the car on the road as I please. Is that possible or am I just reading this incorrectly??

i cant find anything official, that says you cant drive it all the time if it has an authority card

what is the deal with these no welding the on strut tubes..  If the old school mazda are stock like this and you need to recert, does this mean you need to crack test them even though they are stock?

have a look back thru this thread theres a lot of writing about welding and struts and forgings and castings.

if mazda welded it then you wont need to crack test it

i cant find anything official, that says you cant drive it all the time if it has an authority card

Ok lol I think I read that under cars exempt to exhaust noise laws, which mine will not be. So I will be able to daily a 'race car' if I want to, this is good to know, thanks Clint :)

• Like 1

Hey Clint, just have a few questions regarding brake lines. From what I've read on here brake lines need to secured to the strut right?? In my case the adjustable sleeves have been welded quite low down and there is no space to weld a tab to secure the line to. Is it possible to attach a tab somewhere else say inner guard so the hose still has a point to be secured to? I took some photos holding a brake hose  where it would go into the caliper, the hard line and a possible place to secure it. Cheers.

Into caliper

20131020_120548_zpsc45fb0e5.jpg

Into hardline

20131020_120539_zps62882f2d.jpg

Possible place to secure it.

20131020_120556_zps51d0f9a3.jpg

cant see what fitting it has at the caliper end. but the main things are you need to make sure the hose cant pull tight /rub/catch on anything thru full susp travel and steering lock, and be supported where it attaches to a hardline.

so it doesnt necessarily need a strut bracket if you can achieve that,and if the end that attaches to the caliper is designed to go straight on the caliper, ie a banjo fitting or a straight screw in one. if you have a short hardline off the caliper then a hose then you will need a bracket.

they dont look too bad, pretty much the same design as all the china arms for those cars

the quality of the joint is usually the downfall of cheaper arms, they sometimes dont last very long at all.

these are more likely to last well

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/performance/suspension-braces/auction-654634650.htm

• Like 1

Yeah that is my guess too. You may even need to hand them in to change the plates over, which would certainly mean game over. If you held on to them you could possible apply to get them put back on at a later stage. People have managed to put old black plates on de-reg'd cars, but that is a different situation. I'd not count on it being a possible thing.

Quick answer required.

If a car is certed and has PPlates, and is being sold without PPlates, is the cert on the firewall still valid or do you need to apply for a new cert plate?

The only silly question is the one you should have asked before buying a new car.