RUNAMUCK

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, JustHarry said:

A drz400 isn't really in the spirit of the ride 

As long as you can maintain 75kph+ on the open sections you'll be fine. Through the tough stuff even the slowest bike is faster than the 4wds 

So I've got a twinshock PE175, and this could be the kick up the arse I need to hook into it and get it running and on the road. Is a 21-inch front wheel in the spirit, lol?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Snoozin said:

So I've got a twinshock PE175, and this could be the kick up the arse I need to hook into it and get it running and on the road. Is a 21-inch front wheel in the spirit, lol?

Well its from the 80s

So that's better than the xr brigade 

It's on the limit though :compress:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

I dont remember saying that.

I do remember you professing that "I'm going to get a smaller bike for next year"....

and I did.

the xr125 was brought a few weeks later. 

it looks like a bigger bike than it it is.

will be booking time off work next week for this ride.

keen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snoozin said:

I think provided you didn't roost everyone and disappear in a cloud of dust everytime we stop you'd be fine. In 2021 I'd broken my back 4 months earlier so did it on a WR250R, I think Kyle might have been on a CB400 that year too. Attitude is probably the most important thing!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willdat? said:

I think provided you didn't roost everyone and disappear in a cloud of dust everytime we stop you'd be fine. In 2021 I'd broken my back 4 months earlier so did it on a WR250R, I think Kyle might have been on a CB400 that year too. Attitude is probably the most important thing!

Doubtful, I try not to be a cunt in most situations. Just mindful of ruining other folks experience by not adhering to the guidelines.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Snoozin said:

Doubtful, I try not to be a cunt in most situations. Just mindful of ruining other folks experience by not adhering to the guidelines.

It's a bit of a catch 22 regarding big bikes IMO. If everyone shows up on big bikes aside from a small handful then yeah, likely that's going to effect the spirit of the event. But, if it's a couple of lads who are on larger bikes because they wouldn't be there otherwise then I say 100% just come. The more guys there to have fun the better.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, slacker.cam said:

It's a bit of a catch 22 regarding big bikes IMO. If everyone shows up on big bikes aside from a small handful then yeah, likely that's going to effect the spirit of the event. But, if it's a couple of lads who are on larger bikes because they wouldn't be there otherwise then I say 100% just come. The more guys there to have fun the better.

This.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2023 at 19:33, governorsam said:

Gn250.

Did the first ride on one.

remember Bart “saying next year max 185cc” - then looks in my direction ~ “ unless it’s a GN250, because that is a definition of adventure riding. taking small/shit bikes where they have no right to be”

or something along those lines.

GN's are the current Suzuki farm bike. low seat height works well for smaller built dairy farmers, and knobblies added for grip.
we sell them as a new bike

• Like 1

A long way out, and I don't want to clog up the thread this early with theoretical maybes. But how many North Island bikes would head down if there was a bulk freight option from somewhere in the NI to a spot close to the start point?

The guys that got bikes moved down on a few pallets, how did this go? And how much?

I'm gonna try do a few sums, my hunch is that it probably wouldn't make sense unless there were a lot of bikes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, johnnyfive said:

A long way out, and I don't want to clog up the thread this early with theoretical maybes. But how many North Island bikes would head down if there was a bulk freight option from somewhere in the NI to a spot close to the start point?

The guys that got bikes moved down on a few pallets, how did this go? And how much?

I'm gonna try do a few sums, my hunch is that it probably wouldn't make sense unless there were a lot of bikes. 

There will be Chch crew riding to Fairlie on Day 1 so it wouldn't need to be dropped in the middle of nowhere... @sentra will know the deal with shipping?

5 hours ago, johnnyfive said:

The Auckland Red flaggotz (c) 1993 all rights reserved  will make the trip if we can make it work.

@sentra "more than just electrical " is the freight king and is pretty handy with a roll of glad-wrap too (this also applies to wrapping bikes as well as doing secs stuff) but I suspect that is ex Jackson's depot only.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, johnnyfive said:

I was just pondering the idea of driving our truck filled with bikes to the starting paddock, and trying to figure if it would be worth considering for bikes moved vs $$ spent

Would people just fly down and meet their bikes? I assume Mitsy Elliot can only seat 3ppl?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vintage Grumble said:

Would people just fly down and meet their bikes? I assume Mitsy Elliot can only seat 3ppl?

Correct, if it weren't a decent number, a double cab Ute filled with dudes and bikes with or without trailer would probably be hard to beat. 

• Like 2