OS Convoy To Nationals. Leaving 7AM DRURY BP

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So i started this thread then did nothing about it.

so 

well will all meet at the papakura/drury BP service station off the southern motorway

We will be heading on the road at 7AM 

The current attendees are

Shakotom

oldrx7

Tumeke

tortron

Threeonthetree

azzurro

vivaspeed

piazzanoob

Also note for people coming into Auckland for this the traffic gets very heavy from drury onwards so leave early to be at BP before we leave at 7am

download.jpg

• Like 3

Hey I'm thinking I might leave a little later (others perhaps might be keen as well?) and have convey v2.0.  Also not so keen on wagon time/lots of stops.

I've got to muck around and get my car from my lockup in Pukekohe etc so 7am is not appealing.

Anyone else want to leave Bombay at say 9am as a separate group? Google says 6.45 hours to masterton so we'll get there 4-5pm just in time for dinner/antics.

Just an idea.

I won't be heading down to the Wairarapa due to work commitments on Saturday and Sunday. But I am taking the 2500 to Napier via the Gentle Annie road on Thursday. May tag along with you blokes and turn off half way there if you're heading the dessert road route.  

A: Hamilton - Tokoroa - Turangi - Taihape - Palmie (well - Feilding/Woodville by-pass unless needed) - Matserton  - Featherston is fastest. 7 Hours 41 mins

B: Hamilton - Tokoroa - Taupo - Napier - Hastings - Woodville - Masterton  - Featherston 8 hours 8 mins more of the scenics.

Or combo between.  

5 Mins diff going the other side through instead of the 'Tron. SH1 however should be ok on a Thursday and more chance for people to join the gang? 

My 7 cents.

• Like 2