OS Convoy To Nationals. Leaving 7AM DRURY BP

Convoy to 2017 Oldschool Nats!!

Departure : Papakura/drury BP service station off the southern motorway AT 7AM SHARP

Also note for people coming into Auckland for this the traffic gets very heavy from drury onwards so leave early to be at BP before we leave at 7am.

tempImageForSave.jpg

Cruise will probably involve a few stop offs for refreshments/oogling things and be at a fairly relaxed pace.

If your further down the country and have an interest in jumping on please let us know and we can figure out a route to go through/near your town.

The current attendees are:

Shakotom

oldrx7

Tumeke

Torton

Threeonthetree

Azzurro

Vivaspeed

Piazzaznoob

Cletus

• Like 3

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keen as beans - looking at the thursday 'schedule' looks like we wanna arrive at 6-7pm right?

Meet up at the Papakura / Drury BP station at around 9am then we got plenty of time for a few sweet stop offs?  Pick up Hamilton folk along the way?

*will have spare seats also for anyone in auckland / hamilton who isn't taking a car*

It's a long day on the road, Id suggest 9am at the latest in case of breakdowns/beers/sharns/purchases. In my car shall be me and bigfoot.

I'm not apposed to starting earlier myself meaning more time for activities on the way 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, oldrx7 said:

Keen as beans - looking at the thursday 'schedule' looks like we wanna arrive at 6-7pm right?

Meet up at the Papakura / Drury BP station at around 9am then we got plenty of time for a few sweet stop offs?  Pick up Hamilton folk along the way?

*will have spare seats also for anyone in auckland / hamilton who isn't taking a car*

I might pop down to see you lot off/give someone a package to take down

• Like 1

Perfect - I'm easy with leaving time, I was just tossing out 9am as it still means an earlish start for those further north.  

Surely leaving at 8am would allow heaps of time for the 7-8 hour journey, got about 3 1 hour stops up the sleeve then.

Keen on early start to convoy and many stops along the way.

What is the preferred route? (Id like to swing via palmy and pop over pahiatua track but thats for my own selfish reasons and that way other than the track is a bit boring)

Safety in numbers. Between all of us there will be sufficient tools, knowledge and parts to strip and rebuild a diff to correct lash, or diagnose and refresh all electrical parts on at least 3 points ignition systems, but no 5mm allen keys.

Cant wait.

• Like 3

I had planned on being on the road by 7am

yeah it's early, but that should leave time cruise along at 80kmh /to stop and pine over junk on the way down, stop and buy food/refreshments for nats/ pitch tent in day light ect/ I just wanna get to nats

also for route would it pay to see if any other people further down country wanna jump on the convoy and route route around that??

my 2c

• Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 08:30, oldrx7 said:

Either of these two?  Many options and I'm sure some of us have been there done that - Around the western side of Taupo could be quite cool.

auckland route 2.JPG

auckland route.JPG

That grey 'road' on the second pic looks good. VMAX to Wellington. Keen on the early start too - no thrush hour traffic then.