Cletus's other projects

cletus

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume pulsed as theres an electrical plug with enough wires for 8 injectors 

I was googling stuff about them and someone mentioned 'poppet injectors ' so I'm picking theres a electric injector in the main block which lets fuel down the tube and the injector at the end makes some fuel jizz out when it gets to x amount of pressure? 

• Like 2

I did some searching to find what brand of spindles they are as there is only a couple of casting numbers on them, no brand name.

The only pics I could find where the castings appeared to be the same manufacturer had a minor issue 

Screenshot_20210117-112626_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210117-115858_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

found a pic of our one for inspiration. they are heaps of fun to drive. i took this on my rapid crash course in learning to drive LHD. from carterton to Christchurch. finding somewhere to park it in wellington CBD where my company booked a hotel for me was an absolute bastard. ended up just using the hotel valet :badgrin:

No photo description available.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, cletus said:

Waterblaster on the seatbelts trick works pretty good. Bleargh stuff coming out 

That's not wet and dry, the grey bit is where it's been blasted.... They look pretty good now they have dried out  

20210201_172306.jpg

Had to do this the other day when flatmate failed wof for missing button on the seatbelt. Replaced button and gave the belt a birthday with simple green.

Tidy up the edges with the lighter and Robert is your brothers mother.

Edit: I just realised this is your project thread, sorry about that hah.

• Like 6

Been fixing things and also making things worse sometimes? 

Degreased and waterblaster engine bay. Next day it started misfiring. Check engine light came on. 

Bought OBD scan thing , cam angle sensor, ordered one, waiting for it to arrive. Still runs ok just has a misfire now and then 

Boss had bought most of the parts to do everything but got the CBFs so fortunately I didnt have to spend much, I only had to get wheel bearings and wheel cylinders.

fitted new discs, pads, bearings and an abs sensor to the front, new shoes wheel cylinders and drums on the rear. 

The new drums are not round so I had to swap the old ones back on to stop the pedal pulsing....

stops a lot better now though and the abs works again, the wiring had got in the way during a balljoint replacement prior to my ownership, and was cleft in twain by a misplaced hammer blow

Replaced a broken exterior door handle, that was a cunt of a job, and adjusted the interior handle mechanism after getting trapped inside it a couple of times 

Fitted new door speakers, they had fallen apart, which is the general theme of the interior, theres a lot of cracked plastic bits

The diff needs a rebuild, it's a bit noisy and has play in the pinion bearing. 

Booked for a new windscreen on Thursday,  after that I'll swap the van back and get that ready to sell  

20210204_210307.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...