impact drivers/rattle guns - knowledge me up.

sheepers

I roll M12 at home, have circ saw, drill, polisher, torch, multi-tool, hackzall, inspection camera and impact gun (brushed sadly). Misplaced the impact gun during moving, so hoping to find it when I unpack storage unit, never even used the damn thing :( Rate the gear for sure though. I usually wait till Milwaukee are running redemption specials. Got the inspection camera free when I purchased the polisher. Got the hackzall free when I got the drill etc. Good value that way. 

Roll M18 at work, for serious jobs that would be the way to go. M12 impact gun is good for the small stuff. Saw a builder using a M18 brushless impact gun on a site and it looked impressive as fuck.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Bit of thread revival action,

I saw recently that supershitauto had their house brand "blackridge" 18v impact wrenches with a whopping 1.3Ah Li battery. 

They're less than a quarter of the price of the proper top notch gear. 

So I wondered,

A, has anyone tried them?

and B, are they not too ashamed to admit buying them to tell how good/awful they were?

I can not justify buying a fancy pants one. My rattle gun in the shed is a 240v plug in Ozito one from bummings. Which actually goes pretty hard for what it is. And is nice to not have to have an awkward air hose, or a compressor nanging away while you work. 

Anyone been dumb enough to try one?

• Like 1

i ended up buying this.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2763-22

its fucking brutal. it does not take no for an answer, it just rips the shit out of any bolt or nut that thinks its going to stay put.

fucking heavy though and man does it kick. you gotta have a hold of it thats for sure.

its exactly what i was after. .. 

• Like 7

Bit of thread revival action,

I saw recently that supershitauto had their house brand "blackridge" 18v impact wrenches with a whopping 1.3Ah Li battery. 

They're less than a quarter of the price of the proper top notch gear. 

So I wondered,

A, has anyone tried them?

and B, are they not too ashamed to admit buying them to tell how good/awful they were?

I can not justify buying a fancy pants one. My rattle gun in the shed is a 240v plug in Ozito one from bummings. Which actually goes pretty hard for what it is. And is nice to not have to have an awkward air hose, or a compressor nanging away while you work. 

Anyone been dumb enough to try one?

Have bought one of these for my brother and it has worked a treat on everything I've used it for so far. Used it to pull apart the suspension/diff and flywheel bolts on my Lancer

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I need a new driller.

It seems the modern hammer drills are used for normal drilling too?

Thinking of this

M12 Hammer Drill M12CPD-202C

• Brushless Technology
  • 40Nm torque
  • No-Load speed 0-450 / 1700 rpm
  • 13mm Chuck
  • 25500 BPM
  • 2 x 2Ah batteries 30 min charger
  • $414:00

This is for home shed use. Not sure I can afford the M18 version.

Hammer drill+12v + 2 ah battery's might not last long, will you be doing much concrete stuff?

Have you tried iTools in pram they parallel stuff in might be able to get 18v for similar money?

(I've never used them but mates builder mates do reckon he's pretty good)

It will be sweet. We have that drill at work, goes hard 4 wot it is. Legit. 2ah is fine too. I use 1.5-3ah at work, all do the trick. I only have a brushed version at home, and use it for all sorts. 18v is way overkill for small home odd jobs.

And yeah it does normal drilling. Two speed / Three modes, drill, screw (clutched) and hammer drill.

I'm a fan of their gear. With that said, you can get some decent DIY level gear for less moolah from the likes of bunnings / mitre10 these days. So it could be worth seeing what options they have. I'm not talking ozito either. Milwaukee is great if you plan to buy other tools in the range though, I probably have 5-6 tools on the m12 system now.