Zebra Dudes 1973 Mustang Sportsroof

The Dude

So here it is.

The discussion thread for my Mustang, some work has been done and I'll add the updates as and when I can.

Cons

It doesn't run.

Some of the floor is missing

It has drum front brakes

The interior has disintergrated

its in America.

Pro's

I love it

It was seriously cheap

it has only had two owners

genuine 58,000 miles

its a desert car, so no major rot.

its a 1 of 1 car, the only Mustang built with the trim colour, body colour combo and has a really extensive and weird option list.

Help/advice/spam all welcome

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please please please tell me you have hair and leather driving gloves...

6865_1.jpg

Err yes and yes!

Ok confession time, I'm a film tragic, Elenore, yep the real one has been a favorite of mine for a long, long time.

Mine is originally a 73 Sports roof in Bright yellow, exactly like the real one (the real one was a 71, disguised like a 73. mines a real 73, disguised like a 71 dressed up as a 73, mind blown? :shock:

Eventually it will become a true Elenore, it was bought new from Friendly Ford in Fresno so its pretty close to where Halicki bought (stole if you believe the legend!!!!) His.

I'm loving the Matt Black at the moment, so it will be staying like that for a while, it has gained some spoilers and stuff at the moment, but eventually it will probably go back to Yellow, and become a proper Elenore clone.

Currently running an exciting 2v 302, but much hotness coming that way soon.

I'll up date some of the progress on it soon.

Vince it might look a little bit like a 120y coupe, but I like them too Maybe a little bit like a matt black Mitsi Coupe too come to think of it.

Tom, you will always read these posts in my voice from now on, its unavoidable, because I write exactly like I speak.

Mad max fans, if you think this is cool, you wait till you see my Armored Post Apocalyptic ZG Fairlane build!!!!

Thanks for the kind words guys, it gives me much happiness to have some oldschool approval :)

• Like 4

302 2v is probably cleveland?

my limited knowledge of fords is that the 2v and 4v were the different heads for the cleveland motor small port and big port.

there is definitely such thing as a cleveland 302 anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_(first_generation)#1971.E2.80.931973

250 cu in (4.1 L) Thriftpower I6, 1-barrel Carter RBS, L-code, 98 bhp (73 kW; 99 PS) @ 3,400, 197 lb·ft (267 N·m) @ 1,600

302 cu in (4.9 L) Windsor V8, 2-barrel Autolite 2100, F-code, 140 bhp (104 kW; 142 PS) @ 4,000, 239 lb·ft (324 N·m) @ 2,000

351 cu in (5.8 L) Cleveland V8, 2-barrel Autolite 2100, H-code, 177 bhp (132 kW; 179 PS) @ 4,000, 284 lb·ft (385 N·m) @ 2,000

351 cu in (5.8 L) Cleveland V8, 4-barrel Autolite 4300D, Q-code, 266 bhp (198 kW; 270 PS) @ 5,400, 301 lb·ft (408 N·m) @ 3,600

• Like 1

ok so not in the mustang then. but if its a windsor its not a 2v then?

I wasnt wrong that 302 clevelands are a thing that exists though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_335_engine

Shame on Ford, confusing us by producing two V8s in the same capacities, and then Australianising one of them to boot. :-P  Can never remember which is which... :oops:

302 2v is probably cleveland?

my limited knowledge of fords is that the 2v and 4v were the different heads for the cleveland motor small port and big port.

there is definitely such thing as a cleveland 302 anyway.

correct on the 302 Cleveland, I have one in my Transit van! But was an Australian engine only,(XW - XE Falcons) and  not built or used in US market. 

Shame on Ford, confusing us by producing two V8s in the same capacities, and then Australianising one of them to boot. :-P  Can never remember which is which... :oops:

Big difference to look at, Cleveland is about 100mm wider!!