• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bleugh.

Ā 

stupid crappy PO repairs.

Ā 

i think the worst part of them is all the old bog dust that gets everywhere and through everything and makes lying down in it again the next day depressing.

Ā 

new bog dust from block sanding & prep that you do, while a totally sucky job, is somehow uplifting and fragrant in comparison.

Ā 

may you soon be hacking up new bog dust :)

bog dust. its one of those smells that you both love and hate. mainly hate.

Ā 

and yes, the light in the boot is for rearward lighting and boot enlightenment. not really its just a light that has fallen down into the well in the boot. you can see into the boot now that I've cut the inner skin away.Ā 

yea that's what i was thinking, someone more that likely paid for this to be done. but, i reckon they "shopped around" and got the lowest price they could find and this is the result.

tig welding repairs isn't as easy as mig that's for sure but i can get by with the tig.Ā 

I really enjoy seeing photos of rust repairs for two reasons. 1) Its nice to see life breathed back into a rusty doomer, and 2) its not me doing it. Ā Well done sir.

Ā 

Tig welding repairs is actually pretty good. I had to do some repairs rebuild all the panneling around some tail lights the other week and the tig worked really well.

ha! there's nothing like seeing rust being repaired when its not you that has to do it!

and tig has its pros and cons i suppose. im just used to it and ive set myself up to work with it so its al good for me. i can see how some people would think im mad though.Ā 

Dammit, how do you get such nice square cuts out of panels? I seem to have an uncanny knack of making them wavy every. fucking. time.

Ā 

use the cut off wheel as a guide. cut into the panel straight inwards, like at 90 degrees to the panel, then cut with the leading edge of the wheel. it will try to climb so you have to have a good hold on the grinder but doing it this way you can see your line heaps better and you can see the whole flat of the wheel and see that its parallel with what you've already cut. make sense?Ā 

thats how i do it anyway and it works for me. make sure you have the guard on your grinder too, only a moron would use an angle grinder without a guard.Ā 

• Like 1