sheepers 1977 (i think, could be 76) Toyota Celica TA23

sheepers

the more i look at it the more i like the colour. 

i reckon its just dark enough without being to black and its just black enough to be not to bright. 

its Rosso red. which has a couple of different codes.

ill get the code for this particular version. 

its red base with about a quarter magenta and a drop of black. that's it. 

• Like 1

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi man.

Love seeing your work.

I have a question.

You spray in your garage. How do you set up your garage. Do you have a extraction system?

I painted some furniture a few weeks ago and masked off the garage, over spray every where.

Just looking for ideas from someone with a similar situation.

Thanks.

everything in my shed is covered in shit.

EVERYTHING! 

i just blaze away and let the overspray fall where it falls. 

this protec paint im using doesn't stick to everything like durepox does so you can wipe it off latter.

when i start doing colour ill have a clean up and put plastic over the top of most things.

the plastic masking film comes in a roll that has lasted me ages so far and i just use some of that to cover things. i think the roll was 30$ or something. 

Thanks . 

I have a set of full 2.4m curtains that I have up that seprate the half of the shed that I use. But it's the gaps in the rafters where it went up and over .  My brand new lawn mower is covered in spray. 

Door open or door closed?  

I'm going to replace a window with some sort of fan set up to pull the over spray away from my work. 

i leave the bottom of the big door open about 300mm, if its super windy i close it. ill keep it closed while spraying colour just so the wind doesn't stir up the massive amount of dust there is in my shed. 

from past experience it takes about 6 months after finishing a car to get the shit of everything. 

Yep thought so .

I'm planning on changing the layout in the shed this summer and if I get it right I will not have as much of an issue as the curtains will be enough. 

So a summer of a turpy rag will be in front of me.

So you are spraying the jams, engine bay, cabin and boot then your mate sprays the outside? 

Straight away that looks like you didn't wait long enough? if thats not the problem then your paint system isn't compatible? I have wetted over epotec epoxy (the green one you use) with almost every kind of 2K urethane and base coat with no trouble yet. If you loaded up the thinners to get it to go down smooth it could take ages to gas? I don't really know.

I leave like an hour between wet coats these days and I'm in a lusher climate.

yea its probably that the primer wasn't dry enough.

i waited the amount of time they told me (45 minutes when its cold) and it had gone all matt on the surface like it does when its flashed off but it still turned to shit.

i guess ill have to wait longer? it was pretty cold last night.