sheepers 1977 (i think, could be 76) Toyota Celica TA23

sheepers

also i was thinking about it today and this car is in better condition than my blue one. my blue one has been crashed fairly majorly (by me) and was bent up pretty bad.

also the inner sills and all the bits inside the framework are in far better condition on this car than bluey. 

the TA has had a stack in the drivers side rear corner but pretty minor, apart from that its in really good nick as far was the shell goes. 

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you.

and yea, its great to have a mate who can fix things when they get beyond me (read - when i fuck things up). What he doesn't know about forming panel steel isn't worth knowing. without his help i would be seriously fucked.

as for time and money, well im very lucky that my wife allows me to spend so much time in the shed (my secret is to make such a pain in the arse out of myself when i am in the house that she's more than happy for me to fuck off out to the shed) but the money bit aint so flash..........

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sheepers,

What is your plan for the interior of the car?

Like I understand how you can fix up the shell with welding, bog, paint, etc.

But what is your plan if you've got worn looking seats/carpet/trim/etc?

My lack of attention to detail / lack of caring what it looks like means the interior of my car is pretty shabby.

But wondering what ideas there are for tarting up old looking bits and pieces if you have any advice, as one day I might try make it a bit more presentable.

Roman I think it depends what you have now? Paint and dye can restore old parts (black especially) you can repair ripped door cards etc and paint them. New carpet and mats. Epoxy any cracked plastic, you can fix grain pattern at the repair the paint. Etc etc. I'm buying a (cheap, used) industrial sewing machine to make bits for my car.

i dunno? i think ill leave it like it is. the tacks are so close together that its as good as fully welded.

maybe i should join up the tacks? ill see how i feel when i go out to the shed.

also, interior. so now that i have to cert this thing (because of the engine, it came out with a 2TB) i might just whack some modernish seats in it and take it from there. it'll get new carpet. I've got door cards and all that that i can tart up a bit.

oh, i don't have a roof lining? maybe Mike could come to the rescue with his massive hoard of celica spares and sell me one. 

• 1 month later...

The sunroof patch looks like it went ok, that is a very hard thing to do. I see the guy in the photo uses a slapstick.

I saw on the turbobrick fouroms one guy replaced the whole roof just to get rid of a sunroof and even then he used panel bond glue and no welding to avoid it warping 

• Like 1