Hanmer springs Meat - 2014

- i5oogt -

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha! leper penguin jabba

yup, found the cookbox last night actually, maybe we can stick it in it's second ford wagon for the trip!

i'm sure kk remembers, but just so you all know: wrapping cheese sammies round the exhaust pipe produces the full range of cooking levels. wet>warm>cooked>char>smoke. and all in one disgusting fumey sandwich

damn, hangin out for this trip more now!

• Like 2

I remember some old boy on telly who constructed an oven on his cars tailpipe. Had it perfectly tuned so that his bacon and eggs or something were cooked just right on his daily commute to work. Pop the oven open once at work and hey presto hot breakfast.

There are ovens in hanmer kitchen I think.

haha! leper penguin jabba

yup, found the cookbox last night actually, maybe we can stick it in it's second ford wagon for the trip!

i'm sure kk remembers, but just so you all know: wrapping cheese sammies round the exhaust pipe produces the full range of cooking levels. wet>warm>cooked>char>smoke. and all in one disgusting fumey sandwich

damn, hangin out for this trip more now!

I also learnt an A series tri-Y set of headers cooks perfect bacon from Lower Hutt to Rimutaka summit.

Although those cheese sammies, ala HQ, were spectacularly awful and also a wonder of science.

The same piece of bread was burnt to a hard carbon, one isotype short of diamond, on one side while still raw AND soggy on the other. AMAZING!

The cheese tasted exactly like you would expect the carpet of a 40 year old HQ Holden that had been left to bake in the elements of a Waipukarau field for 15+ years would taste.

• Like 3

Those of you who haven't paid will be receiving an email over the next few days with payment details.

There are currently $3900 of outstanding payments

Can you pm me payment details? Only have phone internet now and cant find them