steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah my interest in container housing, at least in NZ has been destroyed - uness you do a lot of it yourself and get the container cheap, I reckon building to the minimum of 3604 aka timber frame everything would be cheaper and easier - though you can't build it yourself anymore afaik with licensing.

Need LBP to sign it off and the trusses have to be produced by a certified / licensed truss manufacturer IIRC.

This thing is tops, boner achieved.

• Like 1

92c03da9e295d8a0c7ef032c4a7cae78.jpg

Ah, yes I thought your place looked familar, I grew up in Brooklyn and lived just up the road from your place in Reuben Ave. My first job was working at the petrol station (I presume it is still there?) although back then in the 90's it was a dodgy old BP with an even dodgier workshop... 

oh cool Liam i'm your old stomping ground! you know mikes middle name is brooklyn haha. he was where i'm living now up on mitchell st for a years or two.

well of course i want to paint it satin black! but goin for a different look here. there's a nice little cottage in black and white just down the road, looks rad.

think i've chosen resene 'old brick'