steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you still using a container?

i am hoping you say no, so i can use it as ammunition that even a talented metal worker decided against container houses to all the weaners that pine for container houses.

however, if you use a container, i will only think slightly less of you.

There is a house up the top of Waiewe st thats Karaka Green Coloursteel roof and walls (vertical i think) with Raw alloy window frames with tinted windows and heaps of wooden decking around the back side.

Sounds terrible but looks pretty bloody good amongst the bush.

That's ace manu, pretty impressed with that use of space from just a single container - do you have options to tetris in another container in the future?

What type of container is it in the end? High stud refrigeration spec? Or is insulation dealt with by internal cladding?

Keen for higher res drawings too if you dont mind

these drawings cost me a freaky sized packet, happy to show them to ya but don't really want post em up haha.

i'll probably build on top of the garage if i want more space, dont think i'll get away with jamming another one on top! wouldnt really want to, should just buy a normal house if i need family space etc.

yeah 40ft high-cube, brand new standard container lined with 75mm steel/eps sandwich freezer panel. getting all the hot work, insulation and painting done in Auck, will fit windows and fit out inside on site. the fit out cost is my contingency so i'm saving that for last /bankruptcy and 'open plan' living haha

didnt want a fridge container, theyre clad on the outside and dont look cool

yup royal wolf. they've been really helpful and patient.  not wanting to give me a producer statement is the biggest pain so far.

just went up there, poles now have concrete shoes. yay!

oh as an aside, i'd never bought into the school of thought that engineers are fuckin useless, it just seemed like builders running their mouths. until i had to pay mr engineer a fat wad of cash, to find out they're fuckin useless. argh/haha

all you engineers out there! if someone asks you to design stuff for a thing, it'd be nice if you actually looked at the thing before doing the work. just sayin!

• Like 3