steelies' box house

Steelies

thanks boe, offer noted! may need your help drinking some mooses at the warming.

just reading back over what you wrote elliot, one thing i've found through this project is noone knows fuck all about containers, except the dude in HiVis who cuts them up all day.

seriously, i couldnt find any useful information through anyone that has any decent qualification.

all the critical information and seriously important points came from the guys in the yard.

the engineers drew it as a tin box, didnt even know there were channel rails, offsets, major structural parts in places.

i wish i'd designed certain parts, the foundation attachment in particular, with the yard boys and got them checked by engineers rather than getting to engineers to go from scratch.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah my interest in container housing, at least in NZ has been destroyed - uness you do a lot of it yourself and get the container cheap, I reckon building to the minimum of 3604 aka timber frame everything would be cheaper and easier - though you can't build it yourself anymore afaik with licensing.

Anyway, I digress, stoked to see this being done and my congratulations on a cool project.

• Like 1