Rxsumo's heroic Cosmo.

treggo

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i know/knew the person who brought it in originally, he came in to work without about 100 photos of it in japan still and bought it without actually seeing it in person. (if in fact it is the same one, the dates a little bit out as the one i knew of was at least 5 years ago, on a plus if it's a different one then there are 2 that belong to true enthusiasts in NZ)

anyways, awesome car. These and R100 are true classics IMO, such a shame that so many R100's were butchered, and now 'grace' the pages of Fast Fours et al with massive chrome wheels, iridescent paint schemes and 13Bt conversions, but each to his own.

cheers, dan

im pretty sure i have a "Japanese classic car restorer" magazine that has a story about this car.

i didn't read the whole thing but the car was imported then the guy died, and his widow didn't know what to do with the car.

I'm away all this week but ill have a look next weekend when i get back home, if its the same car your more than welcome to have the magazine.

sheepers.

Sumo - if you need a hand to collect it sing out.

I expect you are already well hooked up but you can use my trailer etc. if it helps.

I figure you know who I am IRL? If not think of the Head of BNZ Telecommunications, asnet/Timeplex piss-ups and Mk1 Cortina race cars :D

Wow...I've got a few replies here, thanks for the supportive comments on the car.

Dan, yep it's Paul's car.

Sheepers, thanks for the offer of the mag, but I already have a copy, one was sent over here once the article was printed.

Zeb, you have got to be kidding. I don't think a 13B would fit into the engine bay, let alone a 20B, also the tunnel is tiny, and would need a lot of work to get a heavy duty box in there. Personally I wouldnt bother putting a 20B into anything, Knightsports are running a 13B PP in the Japanese NA series, it makes the same HP as the RE Amimeya (sp) 20B, yet will run more revs and last longer. When we were in Japan in '99 Mazdaspeed had boxes of f#*ked 20B engines and were still doing warranty engine jobs....sorta makes you think why :)

Mackaz, the engine is an early all ally 10A, looks like a beer keg when its assembled. The same engine was also fitted to some of the earlier R100/Presto

Lowlancer, the body is the first priority, and as the car was "tagged" for structural rust when it arrived, it will need to be done to the current standards = expensive! My thoughts are to either run a standard "beer keg" 10A,or a RX3 10A with a stage two kit and a IDA, so long as the late 10A can be adapted up to the box without having to mod the box. One of my mates up north reckons he knows where there is a complete early engine.

UJ, thanks for the offer, but I should be right. I was hoping you were going to show up at lunch on Friday, since we havent really caught up since Carl's last XMAS lunch 8)