For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adaptors are easy- max 30 mm, must be located by either tapered seat wheel nuts, or locate on the hub spigot. properly made out of suitable materials etc etc.

Spacers (slip-on type) are trickier, usually have to be custom made.

max 20mm

Must be single stud pattern. ie not those multi fit 4/5 stud slotted hole ones

surfaces must be parallel and flat.

no holes other than the holes for the wheel studs and locating bolt

wheel must be supported by hub spigot not wheelstuds

spacer must be attached to the hub or wheel

wheelstuds still have to be long enough

made from suitable material etc

note adaptor size is max 30 mm now-

also someone asked about gps speedos 238765 pages back- that has changed as well, cant use them any more

I consider that to be an adapter still and you not using a single set of studs (I am not mechanically minded / credited in any way)

plus I love how the rules change monthly / take into account the better manufacturing of said spacer/adapters :P

You are the man Clint. There is so much my uncles brothers cousin got cert with such and such so that must be legit bs out there. And then there's this thread. One click and all the good oil is layed out. It's easier than trying to wade through the NZHCTM too.

I think the adapters on My dads ranger ute are 40mm though. lol (Even old people need friendly wof men)

My front windscreen washer didn't work for wof as I had broken off the jets. But they didn't test it at all- only the wipers.

A mate told me that he had his washers tested for Wof and was failed due to the jets squirting enough fluid!!!! So I guess it all depends where you go.

I wouldn't have thought a car should fail due to the rear screen washers not working though!

A number plate related question here.

I'm interested in purchasing some personalised plates from a guy I know. I'm not usually a fan of P/Plates hence why I'm clueless about them, but these are something else. Anyway, how does the legal side of purchasing a set of P/Plates work? Is there some sort of ownership form or do they just belong to whoever has them in their posession? Also if the plates were a bit bent or damaged and I wanted to have them remanufactured, would the cost be the same as having standard plates remanufactured?

Cheers for any advice.