For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

A number plate related question here.

I'm interested in purchasing some personalised plates from a guy I know. I'm not usually a fan of P/Plates hence why I'm clueless about them, but these are something else. Anyway, how does the legal side of purchasing a set of P/Plates work? Is there some sort of ownership form or do they just belong to whoever has them in their posession? Also if the plates were a bit bent or damaged and I wanted to have them remanufactured, would the cost be the same as having standard plates remanufactured?

Cheers for any advice.

There is a "change of ownership" form you can fill out (on the plates.co.nz site)

Even if you dont do that, swap the plates to your car for a month, then you can applyy for them to be yours (useful if you cant get ahold of the other guy)

small re-manufacture fee, cant remember the price, again its on the plates site

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had the washers going in my Mini, and I haven't had any problems

Have been failed for having no water in the squirty bottle. Told the guy to get fucked and that i'd piss in it if he didnt quit dicking around.

He didnt like the idea of squirting piss around in his garage so ticked the box.

VTNZ are cunts.

• Like 1

a couple questions i was hoping someone can halp with.

1 - whats the dealio with cutting a hole in the firewall to fit a dizzy? I assume it would need to be boxed in on the inside of car?

2 - is it all good to convert 4wd to RWD and leave front diff and cvs in place?

a couple questions i was hoping someone can halp with.

1 - whats the dealio with cutting a hole in the firewall to fit a dizzy? I assume it would need to be boxed in on the inside of car?

2 - is it all good to convert 4wd to RWD and leave front diff and cvs in place?

1 - no idea

2 - I believe the diff and halfshafts have to be removed and the suspension setup adjusted for RWD.

What kinda car is it?

Well yeah, needing a cert was obvious. If its a subaru you just grind the splines out of the center diff so the front gets no power. Then it all looks stock as a rock but bakes up the rears.

I cant think what car would need a hole cut in the firewall for a distributor AND be 4WD unless its a 4x4....but then why would you do that?

correct, Niva. it would be quite hard to get rid of the front setup but i dont see an issue with it being there with no shaft going to the diff really, unless someone knows better? This is only if I dont manage to keep it 4wd which I hope to.

@ keltic, because BPT engine has a sticky outy dizzy setup

correct, Niva. it would be quite hard to get rid of the front setup but i dont see an issue with it being there with no shaft going to the diff really, unless someone knows better? This is only if I dont manage to keep it 4wd which I hope to.

Ah yup, been quite a few years since i played in a Niva. From what i remember, your not allowed to just unhook driveshafts. I tried this on my Honda and was told by mr wof man that i would need to remove the diff and get certed for it to be legal.

Check out what the mx5 BP runs. With the b6 motor the fwd motors run a dizzy and single coil and the rwd runs a CAS and coil packs, it might be as simple as grabbing some mx5 parts to make it fit.

EDIT: just checked and the mx5 BP does run a CAS setup so just nab one of those, bolt into BPT head and don't worry about boxing the firewall.

oh yup cheers fullas.

SP - cant really do that as if I dont keep 4wd I will be getting rid of the transfer case so there's nowhere to run the front shaft from. Cant lose the front dif as that will fuck over the steering and suspension a wee bit unless something else Lada bolts up front.

Brock-Lee - I thought this also, must investigate

Re-drilling strut towers to suit different suspension, would the original holes need to be welded up to get a cert? (and would it be the same if one of the holes wasn't adjoining an original hole?).

Looks odd in the pic because the opening is oval, but the positioning of the strut fore-aft is the same as the original suspension.

2009_0127VR4s0021.jpg