si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

@Dudley the certifier will give you the form you need, called the F008, take it to the test lab with the struts. Ask the certifier, what he would like to see around identifying the struts.

• Like 1

Is there a place online I can get the form? Don't really want to use the whangarei certifier. So plan to get them tested with a form and find a certifier in auckland or Hamilton. 

Certifier fills in parts of the form as required, so even if you can download it, that won't work. Speak to the certifier you wish to use and go from there, much easier if you get them on board before you do anything.

• Like 2

WOF gurus could you fill me in on tinted windows, VTNZ has just failed the missus mazda 6 for windows being to dark. It's been tinted for a long time. Is there somewere I can find out the specs and what windows are allowed to be what darkness etc etc. MR VTNZ said it was a new rule.

19 minutes ago, rusty360 said:

WOF gurus could you fill me in on tinted windows, VTNZ has just failed the missus mazda 6 for windows being to dark. It's been tinted for a long time. Is there somewere I can find out the specs and what windows are allowed to be what darkness etc etc. MR VTNZ said it was a new rule.

https://vehicleinspection.nzta.govt.nz/virms/in-service-wof-and-cof/general/vision/glazing

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/safety/vehicle-safety/vehicle-equipment/vehicle-windows-wipers-and-mirrors/

I thought that the 35% VLT  was a long-standing number.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Nominal said:

Sweet looks like I need to get it tested then, fark another thing to do ahhhh

On 01/12/2019 at 20:23, Dudley said:

Is there a place online I can get the form? Don't really want to use the whangarei certifier. So plan to get them tested with a form and find a certifier in auckland or Hamilton. 

On 01/12/2019 at 23:52, Bling said:

Certifier fills in parts of the form as required, so even if you can download it, that won't work. Speak to the certifier you wish to use and go from there, much easier if you get them on board before you do anything.

@Dudley as @Bling said, part of the form is filled out by the certifier.

You could just take the parts to an NDT lab and ask them to crack test them, but without the form they won't know what result the certifier is looking for and you may have to redo it if it is wrong, so it is better if the certifier gives you this form and it is done right the first time.

Without the form is like asking a builder to build a garden shed without any idea of where and how the customer wants it built.

• Like 1

Yup talked to the local certifier again and he was alit more helpful this time. Have dorm and they have passed crack testing so @kpr must know what he's doing with the ol tig welder....... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

probably too late for you as it's agains the record but can you just wind the window right down and pull fuse - window winder operation is not wof requirement, is it?

anyway, do they have some sort of measuring device to check VLT?

If it's there it has to work. I've pulled a window out cause wof guy moaned it didn't go down. Got the wof when I went back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

that sounds bogus man but maybe easier to pull it out than argue about it.

it's like the time my car got failed for "excessive" emergency foot brake pedal travel. it didn't matter that it was within the manufacturer's specification.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A window does not need to go down for a wof. It does need to have a safety standard on it, so it needs to be up to be checked.

A station wagon can have 35% tints max. If there are no back seats it becomes a goods vehicle and then can have dark tints on the rear windows.

• Like 1

I think I'll go get it tested by a tint place with a VLT meter and go from there. I have read that some mazda 6 wagons have a light tint behind the drivers seats. This could be why these windows are to dark. Cheers for the info!

8 hours ago, rusty360 said:

I think I'll go get it tested by a tint place with a VLT meter and go from there. I have read that some mazda 6 wagons have a light tint behind the drivers seats. This could be why these windows are to dark. Cheers for the info!

A lot of cars have privacy glass from new, so you're tinting tinted windows.

11 hours ago, AllTorque said:

If it is a factory tint it is ok. It will have “AS3” on the safety mark. If it is a film it won’t be factory.

Does this mean anything?

Resized_20191205_125751_8848.jpeg

Youtube it, will be covered for sure.

I have a curly one. Car is going for cert at some point, I want a different plate on it that it currently has. Can't get new plates made or put on to car till it is licensed. Can't get licensed till WOF'd. Can't get WOF till get cert, don't want old plate on cert plate. Currently only have one PP as it was on a trailer.

Boom. 

Will this be a case of paying for a new cert plate the day after it's installed?

Will try my luck with Licensys, but it doesn't seem like the sort of system that has wiggle room.

• Sad 1