For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a heads up for anyone interested - from Jan 1st 2013 the "20-year emissions rule exemption" (for used imports) is reverting back to a rolling year system, to bring it in line with the current rolling year systems for frontal impact and LHD exemptions.

So instead of only being able to import and register vehicles manufactured before Dec 31st 1989, from next year vehicles manufactured up until 1993 can be brought in and registered. In other words, no more SIV permits will be required for 1992 Skyline GT-Rs etc.

(and 1991 FC3S Infini IVs...)

YAY, it means you can start bringing in FD's AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i drop a v8 into my Triumph 2500 What are the definate other upgrades needed to pass cert? i've done 2 rover v8 conversions on them and got them certed but that was 8-10 years ago so suspect things are bit harder now. main thing is will i need to do the brakes? as they are all basicly new and pull up real good.

If I want to have another set of wheels added to my cert plate, it has been discussed that this can be done for $100. Does this have to be done by the original certifier? Or can I go through a different certifier?

its up to the individual certifier how much this costs

doesnt have to be done by the same certifier.

it often turns into a cockup because the car is mysteriously lower than when it was certed or there are more mods than the owner lets on and needs re certing anyway

If i drop a v8 into my Triumph 2500 What are the definate other upgrades needed to pass cert? i've done 2 rover v8 conversions on them and got them certed but that was 8-10 years ago so suspect things are bit harder now. main thing is will i need to do the brakes? as they are all basicly new and pull up real good.

has to pass 5x 100-0 kph stops under 4.4 sec each time, total of 3 minutes to do the test

driveshaft loop

What sort of V8? another rover?

• Like 1

Can't find the link right now, but know that vehicle must be at least 14 years old before removal of airbag steering wheel is allowed & able to be certified. Also allowed in race car with current motorsport authority card i believe.

Mean, if that is indeed true, them i'm all good, as cars more like 20 years old, cheers sir!

Dear Mr cert man, if a car had a drivers side air bag factory, but the steering wheel has beenchanged to an after market item, will a standard cert cover this change?

Cheers, VG.

Dear Vintagegrumble,

If your Motorcar meets the Requirements of the Low Volume Vehicle Standard, linked Here;

http://lvvta.org.nz/documents/standards/LVVTA_STD_Frontal_Impact.pdf

Relevant information located at section 2.3

A Certification plate surely is able to be Obtained and Affixed to the aforementioned Vehicle.

Best Regards and Compliments of the Season

Mr C.Field