For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can i use a set of 2dr folding forward seats in a 4dr car?

if so, would i need to get rid of the lever that sends it rocketing forward and things that make it tilt forwards?

Also putting a stressed seat in to a non-stressed seated car and using OG anchorages is that legit as?

Stressed meaning the seatbelt clip is attached to the seat itself as opossed to the interior shell of car.

Cheers

Any more news on the ae86 BCs? I just saw on another forum that a few guys down Wellington/Palmy ways have managed to get certs with them fitted

emailed lvvta about this, reply was this:

Hi Clint

The only company that is actively trying to meet the requirements in the Infosheet is BC (Redline Performance); however they’ve come up against a few hurdles, and at this stage nobody has the approval status.

I’d say if they’ve got through, the certifier probably just hasn’t picked it up. If you’re able to find out who the certifier is, let me know so I can give them a friendly reminder.

Regards

emailed lvvta about this, reply was this:

Hi Clint

The only company that is actively trying to meet the requirements in the Infosheet is BC (Redline Performance); however they’ve come up against a few hurdles, and at this stage nobody has the approval status.

I’d say if they’ve got through, the certifier probably just hasn’t picked it up. If you’re able to find out who the certifier is, let me know so I can give them a friendly reminder.

Regards

Can you tell me who certed them before you tell the lvvta, so I can get mine certed there, hehehehehehe.

can i use a set of 2dr folding forward seats in a 4dr car? yes thats fine

if so, would i need to get rid of the lever that sends it rocketing forward and things that make it tilt forwards? no that can stay

Also putting a stressed seat in to a non-stressed seated car and using OG anchorages is that legit as?

Stressed meaning the seatbelt clip is attached to the seat itself as opossed to the interior shell of car. no, cant do that without upgrading the seat anchorage to suit having seat belt loading through it......easier to just bolt the buckle to the original anchorage.

Cheers

What are the rules about seat belts? just bought a new wagon with three point retractables in the front and a lap in the centre front which is all good but the back seat only has a lap belt in the centre (which someone has put in at some stage i think) and no belts in the dicky seat, its a '79 chev caprice but was first registered here in '80, will it pass a wof like this?

if it was built before 31/10/1979 then it doesnt need any belts in the back. if the center rear belt has factory anchorages (ie belts were a factory option) then you should be right, if not then it would need cert. or take it out

Yeh, I got mine when they first came out, and there was no talk of doing it this way, mine have been slid all the way down and welded to the spindle pretty much, by a very good certified welder who knows his shit. I would have to cut mine off, lift them up, and reweld + plug welds. Wonder if I can just do plug welds to keep them happy?

if it was built before 31/10/1979 then it doesnt need any belts in the back. if the center rear belt has factory anchorages (ie belts were a factory option) then you should be right, if not then it would need cert. or take it out

so even if they have the mounting points in there, can I remove the belts and run nothing? and what about the back seat in a 4dr, are you allowed to remove it for extra tool box space etc?, put a peice of ply in there all nice with carpet and a 12" sub or something? When my front seats are fully retracted back i think they'l be no room for anyone in the back anyways/toolboxes

Yeh, I got mine when they first came out, and there was no talk of doing it this way, mine have been slid all the way down and welded to the spindle pretty much, by a very good certified welder who knows his shit. I would have to cut mine off, lift them up, and reweld + plug welds. Wonder if I can just do plug welds to keep them happy?

Or just cut the weld and slide it up and reweld

Or just cut the weld and slide it up and reweld

Yeh, wouldnt be much work. I have a second set of struts anywho, could just cut them up. I prolly should ge a recert one of these days.

ALSO, Mr Clint, where would one find out exactly what ones car is certed for? Can you get a copy of the official sheet/whateveritscalled.