• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clint, how does this work in respect of:

Going from twin turbo to single turbo?

and

I'm currently running only 30% more power over factory, but with tuning could potentially make around 60% once tuned - how does this effect the requirements?

if its a factory turbo engine, that has been modified with a bigger turbo etc, the 50% increase limit applies. I have a couple of times asked for a dyno sheet as proof that the car didnt make more than 50% more power than original when the owner didnt want to fit a loop. however this is only in the case of mild mods/smallish turbos etc. if its OBVIOUS that its going to make more/be easy to make more than the 50% then it will need a loop

if its a factory turbo engine, that has been modified with a bigger turbo etc, the 50% increase limit applies. I have a couple of times asked for a dyno sheet as proof that the car didnt make more than 50% more power than original when the owner didnt want to fit a loop. however this is only in the case of mild mods/smallish turbos etc. if its OBVIOUS that its going to make more/be easy to make more than the 50% then it will need a loop

Thank you sir.

Looks like I won't need a loop, as I'm not pushing more than 50% more power and can prove it.

seeing as we are on the subject of driveshafts loops,my partner and i are looking at getting our mk5 sport certed for lowering as when its on 13s its 70mm at Xmember.because its running more or less stock motor will i need loop??well,2 loops cause its a 2 piece shaft :)

So Clint I keep hearing about fitting non-factory turbos and external wastegates now require a cert. Is that bogus??

taken from the wof rule book

"LVV certification is always required for the fitting of a supercharger or turbocharger as a modification, or the upgrading of a supercharger, turbo or wastegate, or the re-chipping of electronic engine control units on turbo vehicles."

• Like 1

taken from the wof rule book

"LVV certification is always required for the fitting of a supercharger or turbocharger as a modification, or the upgrading of a supercharger, turbo or wastegate, or the re-chipping of electronic engine control units on turbo vehicles."

hasnt this always been the case just every wof inspector doesnt know if youve upgraded your turbo with another factory looking/bolt on turbo as they wont know every single turbo model fitted to every different car.

Therefore not really looked at that hard unless blatently obvious?

Our local wof guy wont give a wof with a bov now as this is in the rules somewhere also

So Clint I keep hearing about fitting non-factory turbos and external wastegates now require a cert. Is that bogus??

yep, is true. It has been a rule for years, however it has only become "known" about more recently.

Happens now and then, i reckon what happens is wof dudes and/or police have a newsletter or a reminder or something that XYZ is illegal, and it becomes the new Big Deal. for a while it was noisy exhausts, lately its been external wastegates and wheel sizes that dont match cert plates