Hanmeet 2024? Or west coast meet? Something to look forward to this winter. Discuss here....

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay listen up,

Ive spoken to Tracey at the camp. 

Shes not opposed to the idea. 

We dont have an idea on costs yet.  

From 23/7 to 7/8 is off the table. (They are away)  also they have bookings on 10/8. 

To make this a reality,  concrete buy it is required. (I realise without a date, thats hard) but thats where we are.

• Like 8

Not trying to deter anyone from hanmer in any way shape or form. But since hanmer fizzled out a couple years back a wee group of us have rented a house at lake kaniere at the end of August and done a mini meet sorta thing there the last 2 or 3 years (pretty sure it's 3 lol)

Just throwing it out there if we can't get the numbers for this or whatever, and anyone wants a back up option then others could rent some holiday houses around the area. 

Again, not trying to stand on any toes. Just providing a backup option.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DoBro Jesus said:

Not trying to deter anyone from hanmer in any way shape or form. But since hanmer fizzled out a couple years back a wee group of us have rented a house at lake kaniere at the end of August and done a mini meet sorta thing there the last 2 or 3 years (pretty sure it's 3 lol)

Just throwing it out there if we can't get the numbers for this or whatever, and anyone wants a back up option then others could rent some holiday houses around the area. 

Again, not trying to stand on any toes. Just providing a backup option.

In winter though? 

5 hours ago, Mof said:

In winter though? 

Yep. We seem to get awesome weather every year! Most days are like this. Think we've only had 1 or 2 days of actual rain when we've been there the last few years.

20230827_083002.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, yoeddynz said:

The ones at hari hari are neat but insane levels of Sandflies both times I've been to them and I don't think we'd squeeze all of us into them... 

https://nzfrenzysouth.wordpress.com/d4/

That place is real cool however..... Last time I did a day mission from chch the river was flowing hard against that bank and straight over the top, could feel the water on the sides was a bit warmer, but no hotpools to relax in, just sandflies to say go home!

Cedar flats is probably my favourite in the area, but a 4 hour walk means its better as an overnight.

• Like 1

A 4 hour what now? 

15 hours ago, Mof said:

In winter though? 

9 hours ago, DoBro Jesus said:

Yep. We seem to get awesome weather every year! Most days are like this. Think we've only had 1 or 2 days of actual rain when we've been there the last few years.

20230827_083002.jpg

To be fair, I did suggest Roxburgh. So same same 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3